Lead Data Engineer
Rethink what you’re capable of with kevin.
Are you ready to make fundamental change and do something radical? We’re rebuilding payments how they always should have been – at pace. So whatever your experience, you’ll use it in ways you never have before. We’re pioneers who embrace uncertainty to do things no one has before. At kevin., you’ll create first-of-a-kind breakthrough solutions alongside other highly skilled people from many industries and backgrounds. We need people who take ownership and build with freedom. You’re the expert in what you do, so we won’t limit you with our expectations. If you bring courage and determination, we’ll surround you with other inspirational people and give you the freedom to exceed what you thought you were capable of. The opportunities at kevin. are unlike anywhere else. You just have to grab them and build your different.
As our new Lead Data Engineer you will:
- Develop and maintain our data infrastructure along with investigating and deciding on additional tools/layers.
- Establish forward-looking Data engineering objectives and plan actions for the team to achieve them.
- Work on ETL/ELT data pipelines, to ensure relevant business units have access to necessary information.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources using SQL, Python and AWS Services. Current stack: MWAA (Managed Airflow on AWS), dbt, Snowflake and Tableau.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executives, Product, Data domains analytics teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work alongside teams within the business and the management team to understand and meet business needs.
What you need to be successful:
- Minimum 5 years Data engineering experience with at least 1 year leading data engineering teams.
- Python and SQL proficient knowledge.
- Experience working with DBT.
- Experience with data processing frameworks: Kafka, Flinknot mandatory, as we plan to start using them in the near future.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with cloud data warehouses: Snowflake.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, Lambda.
- Experience with version control systems: Git.
- Experience in managing BI tools like Tableau, Metabase would be a plus.
Reward and benefits - What’s on offer at kevin.:
We only hire the very best talent from across Europe and beyond. It’s a competitive landscape so our salaries and benefits are equally competitive. Our comprehensive benchmarking means our remuneration for this role ranges from €5850 to €7150, based on your experience and competence, but if you’ve got something extra-special to bring to the table, let’s talk!
For many people, the most valuable benefit of working at kevin. is the opportunity to make fundamental change, create first times and build with freedom as part of the team creating a world of payment possibilities. Alongside this, we have a range of financial, non-financial and cultural benefits on offer.
- Competitive salary (Routinely benchmarked against latest industry data)
- Private Health Insurance
- Additional vacation plus local public holidays
- Up to 90 days per year of working from anywhere in the world
- Fantastic opportunities for progression and promotion as the business grows (25% of our employees were promoted in the last 12 months)
- Future stock option opportunities based on individual and business performance
- Work on cutting-edge technologies with the latest tools and modern tech stack
- Apple MacBook and accessories
- Travel insurance for use when travelling for business purposes
- Subsidised secure parking*
- Free on-site gym*
- Free lunch, snacks, and hot/cold drinks*
- Sports and social activities, including free tennis lessons*
- Global company events
- Work with experts from across Europe and beyond
- Be part of a diverse and multinational business with 30+ nationalities
*Benefits may vary by location.
kevin. is the payments reset no one saw coming. We exist to free partners from the pains of legacy payments, so we can build a world of payment possibilities together. We’ve rebuilt the infrastructure to make transactions more direct, efficient, and secure – for digital and physical sales. Our first-of-a-kind payments scheme changes the game for businesses without changing the way people pay – even in-store.
Our multi-tenant payments acceptance network is white-label, brand-agnostic, and free from intermediaries. It gives partners sole control of their payments so they can unlock more value with new services, better conversion, and strengthened customer loyalty. We’re experts from many places working with regulators, banks, payments services providers, and major retailers to build a world of payment possibilities together. Rethink what you’re capable of with kevin.
kevin. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.