Director of Product POS Core
kevin. is different. While everyone was talking about a payments revolution, we hit reset. We’re rebuilding financial transactions from scratch. So they’re faster, more efficient, and more secure for everyone. Our global team of experts has already made first-of-a-kind breakthroughs, creating account-to-account payments in-app and in-store. But we’re just getting started. We need driven people who see, show, and build different because it’s time to scale up. So, if you want a fast, fresh, and flexible place to grow, be bold. Join kevin.
Our vision at kevin. is to create a white label payment acceptance network that enables merchants to access a global ecosystem of banks, financial providers (e.g. wallets, loyalty programs), global and local non-card schemes (e.g. Blik) to serve end-customers in a cost efficient, secure and convenient way in both the InStore and Online domains. The InStore domain focuses on payment acceptance at the POS (through terminals and SoftPOS) and the payment instruments with which customers can pay following highest security standards and all merchant and acquirer/processor relationships needed to be ubiquitous at the POS.
As our new Director of Product POS Core, you will:
Be looking after the Core functionalities of the POS domain. POS core includes three major product areas: 1. Core Processing, 2. SoftPOS Acceptance and 3. Core Capabilities. There is a strong emphasis on (commercial) relationships with acquirers and merchants and lifecycle management (activation and engagement).
Your focus will be to define the strategy and direction of the POS Core area, helping the teams to translate this to product roadmaps and executing the roadmap with your Engineering teams in close collaboration with commercial functions such as Sales, Business Development and Sales Engineering. This also requires establishing clear and scalable frameworks to ensure the right investment decisions for kevin. as well as creating transparency for all stakeholders involved through e.g. OKRs and QBRs.
You will directly manage a senior team of 3-5 product talents depending how you will set up the team. We expect this team to double in the next 2 years, so being able to develop individuals into managers will be part of your responsibility. Your role is critical for kevin. to develop a deeper understanding of our customer needs and to solve the most pertinent problems using modern product development approaches. Success means Merchants across the globe are able to offer non-card payments on traditional POS terminals and Mobile devices using the kevin payment infrastructure solutions, thereby ensuring a fast, efficient, secure payment experience for consumers.
This role will focus on defining a multi-year product vision and strategy across the whole product lifecycle of POS core - including commercial relationships with intermediaries (acquirers and processors).
This role is a high impact, critical position that will challenge you to work at a quick pace and tackle a wide variety of topics and opportunities on a global scale. You will use your strategic thinking and creative mindset, as well as immense drive, to help strategize and innovate. As a naturally driven and inspirational (servant) leader, you enable and expect outstanding performance from everyone.What you need to be successful:
- At least 10 years of experience in modern product management environments as a product leader who built up a strong product leadership culture.
- You have consistently demonstrated a mindset to combine “flying high” with “digging deep” in complex environments.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are excited to build something from scratch.
- You were able to create compelling and actionable product visions and strategies in the past and inspiring your teams and stakeholders with them is a passion of yours.
- You are looked at as an expert for discovery techniques and how these result in outcomes.
- You are analytical and enthusiastic about precise problem definitions. You are a role model for exploiting and interpreting data.
- Your verbal and written communication skills enable you to provide structure to the team or your stakeholder in the most complex domains. That means you can break down complex problem domains in a way that your team is able to understand them and can work within a simple framework towards clear goals.
- You know methods and frameworks to find the most valuable opportunities, slicing solutions to maximize return on investment and you can install them in a product organization.
- You know how to build trustful relationships with senior stakeholders to agree on shared goals You know how to cooperate in projects with many dependencies.
- You are able to coach or mentor other PMs. You know how to identify and develop talent. In your product team you create a culture of psychological safety, authenticity and support. You are a responsive and consistent (servant) leader.
- A passion for payments, POS and a good understanding of the ecosystem of merchants/PSPs/Acquirers/customers is a must. Understanding the hardware business (terminals) is a plus.
We only hire the very best talent from across Europe and beyond. It’s a competitive landscape so our salaries and benefits are equally competitive, based on your experience and competence, but if you’ve got something extra-special to bring to the table, let’s talk!
For many people, the most valuable benefit of working at kevin. is the opportunity to work on a ground-breaking product that has the power to build a world of payment possibilities. Alongside this, we have a range of financial, non-financial and cultural benefits on offer.
- Competitive salary (routinely benchmarked against latest industry data)
- Private Health Insurance
- Additional vacation plus local public holidays
- Up to 90 days per year of working from anywhere in the world
- Fantastic opportunities for progression and promotion as the business grows (25% of our employees were promoted in the last 12 months)
- Future stock option opportunities based on individual and business performance
- Work on cutting-edge technologies with the latest tools and modern tech stack
- Apple MacBook and accessories
- Travel insurance for use when travelling for business purposes
- Subsidised secure parking*
- Free on-site gym*
- Free lunch, snacks, and hot/cold drinks*
- Sports and social activities, including free tennis lessons*
- Global company events
- Work with experts from across Europe and beyond
- Be part of a diverse and multinational business with 30+ nationalities
*Benefits may vary by location.
kevin.’s advanced A2A (account-to-account) payment infrastructure solution was created to swiftly change costly card payments to payments linked directly from customers’ bank accounts without using any third-party providers. kevin.’s technology scales to businesses of any size and across industries, including retail, parking, fashion, car-sharing, deliveries, insurance and many more. kevin. focuses on mobile and POS payments where customers predominantly pay using cards currently. Its payment infrastructure is based on open banking – regulated by the European PSD2 Directive – which requires all banks and financial institutions in the European Economic Area to open their API for licensed third-party providers. kevin. develops only own connections to the banks without using any third-party aggregators.
Currently, thousands of businesses across Europe are innovating and growing with our end-to-end technology. Founded in 2018, kevin. is moving forward with confidence. In our latest investment round, we raised $65M Series A in May 2022, leading us to total $78.9M of investment attracted. We’re an international team of over 300 professionals, with plans to increase to 500 by 2024 with hubs in Vilnius, Warsaw, London, Berlin, and Amsterdam. Backed by leadership from powerhouse corporations like Revolut, McKinsey, Zalando Payments, SAP, Worldline, Ingenico, Paypal, Checkout.com, VISA, and Mastercard, our experience and expertise run deep.
kevin. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.