Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/d)
What You'll Do:
- Use the latest ‘infrastructure as code’ methodologies to develop the next generation cloud hosting architecture for Inkitt applications, its CMS, and its Analytics and Data Processing services
- Architect the system for stability and infinite scalability
- Proactively control costs of the platform and explore new cost saving measures to avoid ‘run away cloud costs’
- Develop an effective load testing strategy and build confidence in system scalability
- Ensure all hosting environments are secure. Perform periodic 3rd party audits and pentests.
- Support multiple Engineering teams in an SRE capacity, advising them on how to build scalable, robust, and secure applications
Who You Are:
- Startup hungry; you excel in a fast-paced, scrappy environment and you welcome new challenges
- Committed to building an in-person work culture; you prefer a hybrid work model
- 10+ years of experience designing, executing, and supporting IT cloud solutions and applications.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services
- Versed in Kubernetes, Docker, and other container systems
- Experience managing Node, Ruby on Rails applications
- Database Administration experience (self hosted and Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Experience migrating from on prem to cloud and cloud to cloud
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or relevant field.
What We Offer:
- 🚀 Stock options for all full-time employees! We believe everyone deserves a piece of ownership for when we become the Disney of the 21st Century
- 🚀 Newly launched 401k to help you save and invest in your future (US)
- 🚀 Health benefits that align with your local market, offering a variety of different coverages for medical, dental and vision
- 🚀 A hybrid model in San Francisco and Berlin offices where 3 days per week are dedicated to in-person collaboration in parallel with remote work
- 🚀 Professional coaching for People Managers and employees who have been with Inkitt for 2+ years
- 🚀 Dedicated budget for team-building events
- 🚀 Employee Referral Bonus
- 🚀 Free access to our Galatea App, get your read on
- 🚀 Unlimited budget for self-development books, on us
- 🚀 Donation to charity of your choice on your work anniversary
- 🚀 Stocked micro-kitchens with snacks and drinks to keep you energized
- 🚀 Class Pass health club for US Inkers to feel their best!
- 🚀 Berlin'ers gym membership
- 🚀 Berlin'ers virtual assistant
- 🚀 Arguably the best perk? Getting to bring your fur-ever friend to our Berlin and San Francisco offices
How We've Been Doing:
- We're a well-funded, mission-driven, series B company with top-tier investors like NEA, HV Capital, and Kleiner Perkins. Recently, Inkitt has raised $59 million, which is one of the largest Series B funding rounds on record for a Berlin-based business. We believe we have a breakthrough idea that will disrupt the publishing industry while changing undiscovered authors’ lives for the better 🪴
- We're the 8th fastest-growing company in Europe, and 1st in Germany!