Legal Counsel (all genders)
The role in a Snapshot
Are you passionate about navigating the intricate legal landscape while shaping the future of an innovative education technology company? Join our dynamic legal team at GoStudent's headquarters in Vienna as a Legal Counsel (all genders). In this role, you will play a pivotal part in overseeing a myriad of domestic and international legal affairs, collaborating closely with various departments to ensure legal compliance and drive strategic initiatives forward.
Your Role in Our Journey
- Develop and implement legal strategies to drive overall success.
- Provide comprehensive legal advice across diverse areas to internal stakeholders.
- Handle operational legal tasks, focusing on Terms & Conditions, commercial partnerships, and consumer protection laws.
- Contribute to strategic projects, identifying and mitigating legal risks.
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts, enriching our business model and services.
- Collaborate with external advisors to manage international legal matters effectively.
- You hold a law degree from an Austrian university (Mag. iur./LL.M.), ideally with a business law focus.
- You might have gained first professional experience (up to 2 years) in a law firm or as an in-house legal counsel, with a preference for those with international exposure.
- You have specialized or a strong interest in commercial law, contract law, and e-commerce/platform related matters.
- You have a natural aptitude for identifying and solving legal issues, combined with a curious and critical mindset, also beyond legal affairs.
- You are adept at managing and engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders and enjoy working with other departments at the intersection of business & law.
- You are fluent in German and English, complemented by outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Your way to unlock your full potential
- Disrupting Education: Join us for a unique opportunity to disrupt the traditional education landscape. It's not just a job; it's a chance to be part of something big and meaningful.
- Global Dream Team: Say hello to an international and diverse crew of thinkers, doers, and magic makers. Get ready to be inspired daily by your colleagues from around the world.
- Work, Your Way: We offer a flexible, hybrid work environment that respects your need for work-life harmony with 2/3 remote days a week & 5 fully remote weeks a year so you can shine in a way that suits you best.
- Office Shenanigans: Our regular team and office events will keep your spirits high. We believe in bonding, celebrating, and having a blast together.
- Strength in Unity: Join one of our GoStudent Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and be part of communities that champion causes you're passionate about.
- Growing is LIT: The sky's the limit in our EdTech playground. Access a wide array of online and in-person learning and development opportunities to build your career as high as your dreams can take you.
- Support Around the Clock: We've got your back 24/7. Enjoy a comprehensive Employee Support Programme that's not just for you but for your loved ones too.
Life at GoStudent:
Do you want to reimagine education together with us and join a mission to believe in?
GoStudent is one of the world’s leading tutoring providers and education platforms. We’re also a unicorn and have raised more than €675m investment to date. Together with our acquisitions Seneca Learning, Tus Media, Fox Education and Studienkreis, we currently support more than 11 million families each month to fulfil our vision to help each student reach their full potential.
We are passionate about disrupting the future of education and making a real impact. Join our journey and unlock your creativity and advance your career by mastering exciting challenges together with an international, driven team. We are here to support your goals and to discover how far we can reach by growing smarter and stronger together. If this sounds good to you, then join us now and unlock your full potential.
At GoStudent, we are an open and welcoming bunch that values your unique skills, passion, and potential. We don't hire based on age, gender, nationality, or political views, but rather focus on your talent and motivation to contribute to the future of learning. Even if you are a unicorn - just as GoStudent is: if you believe that you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to throw your hat in the ring & to apply, regardless of whether you meet every requirement. Our team is diverse, and we believe that this diversity fosters creativity and innovation, making us a better company. Join us in reimagining the future of learning!
Learn more here: https://www.gostudent.org/en/team-and-careers
Please upload your CV/Resume in PDF format, preferably in English, as a DOC format might not be supported.