Senior Legal Counsel (all genders)
Reimagining the future of education with us
Are you passionate about disrupting the future of education and to make a real impact? Do you want a career in an edtech company that is innovative and rewarding? Join us and enjoy working alongside an international team of talented thinkers, doers and magic makers.
We reimagine learning by enabling every student in the world to unlock their full potential through affordable and inspiring lessons from quality tutors chosen to fit their individual needs. To make our mission reality, we are on the lookout for those adventurous and hungry to join our mission!
To enhance our dedicated team of six in the legal department, we are seeking an experienced Senior Legal Counsel to join our team in Vienna. As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will focus on a wide range of domestic and international legal matters, collaborate closely with internal departments, and contribute to the development of our legal strategies.
Location: Vienna (Hybrid)
- Participating in the development and implementation of legal strategies for the entire group.
- Advising internal stakeholders on legal-related strategic projects.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with external counterparts on diverse business-related legal matters.
- Further developing the business model and our products and services.
- Working with external legal advisors to manage international legal matters.
- Collaborating with fellow legal team members and other departments to contribute to the success of GoStudent.
- Conducting regular legal training and workshops for internal teams, ensuring awareness and understanding of pertinent regulations and compliance requirements.
Who you are:
- A law degree from an Austrian university or an equivalent foreign qualification. Holding a bar exam would be considered an additional asset.
- A minimum of three to five years of professional experience, ideally gained in a renowned law firm and/or as an in-house legal counsel, preferably in a dynamic multinational setting.
- Excellent expertise in commercial law is a must.
- Experience in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, finance and/or in data protection law is a very valuable addition.
- Drafting legal documents comes naturally to you, demonstrating your keen attention to detail.
- Professional fluency in German and English, complemented by outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- You're adept at managing and engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- A responsible, solution-oriented and results-driven mindset is integral to your professional performance.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to disrupt education
- The chance to grow and build your career in EdTech
- Diverse, driven, motivated and brave team members
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Regular team & office events
- GoStudent Employee Resource Groups
- 30 free tutoring lessons per year of employment
- A variety of online and in-person learning & development opportunities
- A comprehensive 24/7 Employee Support Programme for you and your family members
Do you want to reimagine education together with us and join a mission to believe in? Do you want to unlock your creativity and advance your career by mastering exciting challenges together with an international, driven team? We believe in multiple choice answers and give you the flexibility to decide how and where you work best. We are here to support your goals and to discover how far we can reach by growing smarter and stronger together. You’ll play a pivotal role within a diverse and passionate team, unlocking each other’s full potential. If this sounds good to you, then join us now and unlock your full potential.
Learn more here: https://www.gostudent.org/en/team-and-careers
Please upload your CV/Resume in PDF format.