Staff Front End Engineer
Reimagining the future of education with us
Are you passionate about disrupting the future of education and to make a real impact? Do you want a career in an edtech company that is innovative and rewarding? Join us and enjoy working alongside an international team of talented thinkers, doers and magic makers.
We reimagine learning by enabling every student in the world to unlock their full potential through affordable and inspiring lessons from quality tutors chosen to fit their individual needs. To make our mission reality, we are on the lookout for those adventurous and hungry to join our mission!
We're seeking a Senior/Staff Front End Developer to make a significant contribution to our product's interface. Your work will ensure that our users enjoy a first-rate, intuitive experience that stands out in the market.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain scalable and modular micro frontends using Typescript, React, Tailwind, and Next.js + help migrate our legacy systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and roll out new features to help students realize their full potential and free our tutors from annoying overhead
- Seamlessly integrate with our backend utilizing GRPC-web, WebSockets (Legacy) and REST APIs to build all-encompassing solutions
- Shape and future-proof our platform and tooling
- Support with bug fixing and application performance enhancements
- Ensure all code is written to the highest standard, is easily maintainable, scalable, optimized for peak performance and coherent with our coding guidelines
- Share your knowledge and provide mentorship to fellow developers in the team
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in front-end development
- Proficient in Typescript, React, Tailwind, and preferably Next.js
- Demonstrable experience with a micro frontend architecture
- Solid understanding various communication protocols such as webGRPC, REST APIs, and WebSockets.
- Deep understanding of front-end architectures and data-driven development
- Understanding how your design decisions impact performance
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Superior problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Working proficiency in English.
- Experience working in a Scrum development process
- Prior experience in a similar role within a fast-growing tech scale-up
- Familiarity with automated testing suites (Jest)
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks (Jest)
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to disrupt education
- The chance to grow and build your career in EdTech
- Diverse, driven, motivated and brave team members
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Regular team & office events
- GoStudent Employee Resource Groups
- 30 free tutoring lessons per year of employment
- A variety of online and in-person learning & development opportunities
- A comprehensive 24/7 Employee Support Programme for you and your family members
Do you want to reimagine education together with us and join a mission to believe in? Do you want to unlock your creativity and advance your career by mastering exciting challenges together with an international, driven team? We believe in multiple choice answers and give you the flexibility to decide how and where you work best. We are here to support your goals and to discover how far we can reach by growing smarter and stronger together. You’ll play a pivotal role within a diverse and passionate team, unlocking each other’s full potential. If this sounds good to you, then join us now and unlock your full potential.
Learn more here: https://www.gostudent.org/en/team-and-careers
Please update your CV/Resume in PDF format.