Backend Engineer (Golang)
At GoStudent, we work passionately every day to fulfill our mission in building the #1 global school! We want to enable every student in the world to unlock their full potential – through affordable and inspiring classes from quality teachers. Our goal is to ensure long-term learning success – for a self-determined future for our students!
What you’ll do:
- Learning experience: Together with our Frontend team, you implement the backend logic for our new features on the platform to help students realize their full potential and free our tutors from annoying overhead.
- Clean Code: Produce clean and well-tested Backend code, diagnose defects and provide effective solutions.
- Agile teams: Work alongside Product Managers, UX Designers, QA Engineers & our Frontend team with colleagues from Sofia and Vienna.
- Internal processes: In order to make our processes even more effective, efficient and scalable, you develop tools and workflows that help us to grow and improve.
- Proactivity: You like to try out new things, have ideas to challenge the status quo, you are not afraid of mistakes and roll up your sleeves to make things happen. Besides that, you are a self-organized and independently working person.
Who you are:
- Min. 3 years of relevant professional experience in (backend) web development.
- You have experience with Apache Cassandra and ElasticSearch
- You also have experience with at least one of the following languages: C++, Java or another broadly used statically typed language.
- You have a deep understanding of building scalable (microservice oriented) software and clean software design.
- You regularly test your software to ensure delivering high quality code.
- You have experience with NoSQL databases and you understand how your design decisions impact performance.
- You are experienced integrating third-party APIs.
- Working proficiency in English.
What we offer you:
- An amazing and flexible startup atmosphere with highly motivated and open- minded colleagues
- Modern & developer friendly TechStack
- Opportunity to be creative and have direct impact on the product
- Flexible working hours, fully remote or/and in our modern offices in Vienna, Berlin, Lyon, London, Madrid, Milan or Athens
- Career paths and the opportunity for professional career development
- International surrounding with private courses to improve your language skills
Do you want to get a taste of start-up vibes and unlock your creativity to master exciting challenges? Work in a fun and international team with a modern office and great public transport connections? Arrange your work hours flexibly and have the possibility to work from home or other GoStudent locations? Get all the free coffee you want and kick off your evening with some Playstation or happy hour on the rooftop terrace? Before we run out of breath, if this sounds good to you, then: board the rocket and fast-track your career at GoStudent.
Please update your CV/Resume in PDF format.
Something looks off?