Sr. Business Development / Business Operations
In short: Full-time, remote position based in the USA. Generous stock options in the company. We are building a phone plan you'll love.
We are Gigs
Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth*.*
Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
- Key Growth Project Management: Own core strategic cross-functional projects from start-to-finish, working thoroughly at a high velocity. You’ll partner closely with leadership and Founders to shape the outcome of business-critical initiatives.
- Opportunity Identification & Execution: Leverage latest technology trends to identify new one-of-a-kind growth opportunities, both related to new customer use-cases and product partnerships. You’re comfortable taking the lead to drive these opportunities from zero-to-one to define the next phase of growth for Gigs.
- New Market & Vertical Expansion: You’ll help lead the charge on new country launches, working across teams internally and externally to ensure successful expansion. You’ll also lead the creation of brand new verticals for Gigs that the Sales team can then take over in a repeatable fashion.
- Strategic Planning & Analysis: From optimizing pricing models to enhancing customer forecasts, you’ll use your analytical rigor and attention to detail to connect the dots, streamline processes, and maximize operational efficiency.
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You’ve worked in Business Development, Business Operations, or similar at a high-growth B2B company. You bring 5-8 years of experience, at least a few of which involve building and scaling a high-growth tech startup. You may have started your career in a large tech company, consulting, or banking.
- Direct experience running new market expansion and/or new vertical expansion is a strong plus.
- You’re a general business athlete. You feel comfortable wearing different hats and have strong quantitative and qualitative skills. You thrive working cross-functionally across sales, marcomms, ops, product, and customer success to connect the dots and drive impact.
- You aren’t satisfied with the status quo. You understand that building a truly innovative product involves creating a new mode of operating. You try new things that may not scale at first, and turn them into something that does.
- You’re independently motivated and proactive, and love to be part of the action. You’re a self-starter, hands-on, and rarely rely on external sources for help. Rather than wait to be told what to do, you actively discover areas of opportunity and lead the charge to execute.
- You have a keen ability to think outside the box. You push the boundaries with an opportunistic mindset to identify, scope, and build viable new growth opportunities for Gigs — intellectual curiosity is a must.
- You care about the customer experience. Whatever you do, needs to have a business impact. You can make trade-offs between speed and quality.
- Competitive salary matching experience.
- 21 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company. Take, own and implement decisions to build Gigs from scratch. You can join us in Berlin, or work from wherever you like. If you are based in Berlin, you can work from our office, or from the comfort of your home.
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together for great food, lots of laughter, and leisurely activities.