Head of People (f/m/x)
In short: Full-time, position based in Berlin or London. Please only apply if you are currently residing in London or Berlin.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors who can help us navigate our rapid growth.
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
You'll be a trusted leader, working closely with the co-founders and team leads to design and implement the Gigs' people strategy to optimize growth, productivity, engagement, and happiness across all employees. You'll be the champion of a remote hybrid team. You'll own the entire function related to talent, people development, culture, and HR for a hybrid remote team to help us scale from 70 to 150 and beyond. Head of People is a cross-functional role responsible for ensuring implementation of strategic initiatives across the People & Culture function in our business. Crucial areas of the foreseen scope of duties will be focusing on the following six functional pillars:
People Partnering & Leadership
- Be a strategic People Partner to senior leaders in our business, helping to develop and execute our People and Talent strategy.
- Build, develop, and lead high-performing teams in our 3 tech hubs (Berlin, London, and San-Francisco, and guide/motivate them to supercharge business performance.
- Collaborate with management teams and Centres of Excellence to align People initiatives with organizational needs.
Organisational Development & Change
- Co-create organisational development and management strategies, and roll out initiatives aimed at increasing organisational effectiveness.
- Manage organisational changes in an agile fashion, getting buy-in and commitment, understanding the impact on employees and bring them along the change journey through communication and enablement.
Performance & Talent Management
- Facilitate performance review sessions, provide guidance and coaching to leaders on managing performance and feedback discussions.
- Drive talent planning and succession planning exercise.
- Obtain insights and new requirements to iterate and evolve Gigs’s performance culture and journey.
- Conduct training needs analysis and propose training plans that meet business priorities as well as employees’ professional development needs.
Workforce & Compensation Planning
- Serve as the cross-functional partner in aligning business needs, and workforce, hiring planning processes.
- Guide senior leaders in making rewards decisions using performance and business data and insights, and in alignment with our total rewards philosophy and market competitiveness.
Employee Engagement & Retention
- Leverage data and insights, propose and track action plans to address and improve engagement.
- Analyse attrition data to identify trends and correlations, and make recommendations to increase talent attraction and retention rates.
Employee Experience & HR Service Delivery
- Leading and improving the overall management of our employee lifecycle, from onboarding to career transitions, and delivering excellent employee experience through seamless and efficient execution of each step.
- Provide insights on requirements for critical HR and technology projects, support business case scenarios to drive the betterment of employee experience and HR service delivery.
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You've scaled Culture & People Operations before. You have been in Culture & People Operations at companies that have grown from 50 to hundreds. You understand that each stage of growth requires different strategies and are excited to leverage the right structure and strategy at the right moment.
- You love connecting with many different people. You want to find just the right cultural fit for our growing team and are excited to foster a vibrant and happy team. You have an innate ability to build a resilient community and know that this means valuing diversity and equality.
- You're a natural coach and mentor. You have the ability to foster relationships among a diverse team, to relate well with others, listen effectively, and help employees at all levels achieve their development goals.
- You love structure and processes. You get excited about building resilient structures and know when to leverage the right tools for success. You know that hyper-growth and scale don't come without hiccups, and can quickly trade-off between long-term strategies and efficiency processes.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 28 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone plan
- Flexible working hours: Early riser? Night owl? Need to pick up your kids and finish up later? You can discuss and organize with your team to work out what’s best for you.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company, but we also believe in the magic of face-to-face interaction. That means we’re building ways to get you out of your home office from time to time:
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together. Meet fellow Gigsters from around the world to spend quality in-person time with your team. Cook a delicious meal at our cooking competition, Gigs Table. Have fun playing games, going on a hike, or get creative at a hackathon.