Customer Support Specialist
In short: Full-time, remote position. Please only apply if you are currently residing in the US.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth*.*
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
🔧 The position
At Gigs, we're looking for a dedicated and empathetic Customer Support Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in customer service and the ability to provide exceptional support through various communication channels. If you're passionate about technology and enjoy helping people, we'd love to hear from you! You will be one of the first hires at Gigs to focus exclusively on customer support and will play a fundamental role in the development of the function. You will work closely with Jonathan, our Customer Support Lead.
First-line customer support
- You will be the first line for Gigs Customer Support, offering a warm and understanding ear as the point of contact for our customers, helping with basic and advanced troubleshooting, serving customers via multiple channels.
- You will work in our support system, as well as other related internal systems, and ensure that all support queries are dealt with promptly, professionally, and in accordance with the SLAs under our customer contracts.
- You'll provide exceptional support to resolve customer issues and requests swiftly.
- You will collaborate quickly and effectively with product, engineering and customer success to escalate problems and ensure relevant information is being passed on effectively and promptly.
- You will track and develop frequently asked questions with a view to improving our knowledge base and empowering our customers in order to reduce the number of support queries.
- You will think in terms of scale, understanding and anticipating where documentation, automation and process can be used to help our partners at volume. You may update training and support materials to include video and other media in order to deliver the maximum value to our customers.
- You will take a proactive approach in analyzing our processes, suggesting and implementing improvements to help our operations grow efficiently and effectively to provide world-class support (bonus points if you’ve launched or worked in a function such as Product Operations, Customer Operations or Programme Management).
- Join us in the exciting journey of building a brand-new team where your ideas and contributions make a difference!
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You have 3+ years of experience in Customer Support at a B2B or SaaS tech company. Extra brownie points if you have experience in the telecom industry!
- You're great with people. Dealing with customer issues can be stressful, especially when things are not working as expected. You should be able to de-escalate a situation and not take an individual's opinion or mood personally. You genuinely care about putting customers first and love tackling complex problems, are extremely patient with a variety of customer issues and different audiences.
- You’re a problem solver. You love solving customers’ problems and can show initiative and lateral thinking to find solutions to unusual issues. You have a process-oriented mindset and are able to get things done in a fast-moving environment.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You care about the customer experience. You are invested in ensuring our customers’ success. Your focus is on delivering value and ensuring Gigs has a business impact.
- You enjoy engaging the team. This means high involvement of all team members across all functions within Gigs and our partners.
- You love learning technologies as you go. You always want to find the right tool for the job, and don't only follow what you already know.
- You think at scale. You look at systems in terms of how they can be scaled and have experience of improving processes to allow for greater volume (without significant drops in quality).
- You excel at prioritization and time management in a self-driven, collaborative environment.
- You're a pro at navigating hybrid office environments and have prior experience working on a fast-pased, distributed team
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 21 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: Early riser? Night owl? Need to pick up your kids and finish up later? You can discuss and organize with your team to work out what’s best for you.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company, but we also believe in the magic of face-to-face interaction. That means we’re building ways to get you out of your home office from time to time:
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together. Meet fellow Gigsters from around the world to spend quality in-person time with your team. Cook a delicious meal at our cooking competition, Gigs Table. Have fun playing games, going on a hike or get creative at a hackathon.