Senior Backend Web Developer
Barcelona, Spain (or remote CET +/- 3 hrs)
If this role seems interesting, irrespective of your location or identities, please reach out. Even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team. We'd love to hear from you.
At Genie, we are on a mission to help companies unlock the power of their data. Our low/no-code tools help data scientists, engineers and researchers quickly turn ML models and simulations into shareable web apps that enable data exploration and smarter decision-making.
We're a diverse, international, and remote-first team. We offer an environment that fosters growth, learning, and development. And we’re backed by leading EU and US investors to build the next generation of no-code tools for data science.
Join our core product team as an early employee with equity and build the tools of the future.
As Senior Backend Web Developer you will have a central role in the development of our no-code cloud platform, creating the necessary features that allow our users to manage their software development experience in our cloud. You will work closely with the other members of the development team, including frontend developers and cloud engineers to integrate complex systems into our powerful, highly usable, responsive, secure and performant cloud platform.
- Minimum 5 years of proven professional experience as web developer, including the development of complex web applications and web services
- Ability to write high quality, secure, performant, testable and maintainable code, according to best practices
- Knowledge of Julia programming language
- Excellent knowledge of Python 3
- Expert knowledge of main Python web frameworks (Django, Flask)
- Hands-on experience with modern development, testing and documentation of REST APIs (ex Swagger)
- Extensive experience with main Python test framework(s)
- Good working knowledge of SQL and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, SQLite) and work experience with Python ORM libraries
- Exposure to NoSQL databases, message broker libraries (RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ) and in memory key-value stores (Redis, Memcached)
- Good knowledge of git
- Fluent English (read, write, speak)
Nice to have:
- Experience with developing data applications and data dashboards
- Interest in data science, machine learning, and data analytics with Python
- Experience with data science libraries like Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib
- Experience with low-code libraries like Streamlit and Dash
- Understanding of AWS
- Experience with Playwright end-to-end testing framework
- Contributions to open source projects
- Computer Science degree
Offer and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Phantom shares
- Learning stipend
- Remote work on a CET +/- 3 hours timezone with option to work from our Barcelona office