If this role seems interesting, irrespective of your location or identities, please reach out. Even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team. We'd love to hear from you.
At Genie, we are on a mission to help companies unlock the power of their data. Our low/no-code tools help data scientists, engineers and researchers quickly turn ML models and simulations into shareable web apps that enable data exploration and smarter decision-making.
We're a diverse, international, and remote-first team. We offer an environment that fosters growth, learning, and development. And we’re backed by leading EU and US investors to build the next generation of no-code tools for data science.
Join our core product team as an early employee with equity and build the tools of the future.
We are looking for a talented UX/UI Designer with coding skills. The ideal candidate has an eye for clean and elegant design, is able to translate requirements into interaction flows & artifacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Types of projects you’ll be working on:
- Saas (Genie Cloud web app): 80%
- Marketing websites: 20%
- Create user flows, wireframes, UI mockups, and click-through prototypes
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to validate low/high-fidelity prototypes
- Code your designs in HTML, CSS, and JS
- Convert design principles into a visual language and suite of repeatable components
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Organize and expand our design system and processes
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience designing Web or SaaS applications in complex or technical spaces like dev tools, data visualization, analytics, fintech
- Strong portfolio with demonstrable UI design skills
- Solid foundation in typography, layout, and design
- Excellent knowledge of Figma, components libraries, prototyping
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Design, Art, Interaction Design or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Fluent English
- Biased towards shipping to learn and generate value
- Good communicator; able to present ideas clearly and convincingly
Offer and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Phantom shares
- Learning stipend
- Remote work (on a CET +/- 3 hours timezone)
- Regular IRL meetups in Barcelona (Spain)
Important: please include a portfolio with your CV