Senior Software Engineer Mobile Connectivity (f/m/d)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What will you do
At FERNRIDE, we call the team that provides most of the services and infrastructure as well as verification efforts, the Engineering and Verification Ecosystems (EVE) team. As the foundation of Fernride engineering, the EVE team is poised to build the most productive engineering team in the world with an engineering system that scales, rock-solid cloud platforms and world class verification. From source management to deploying to individual vehicles roaming around different yards, from distributed building/testing to orchestrating container-based integration tests in the cloud, from customizing and installing OSs and firmware to building CLI and web services and applications, we have it all covered.
At EVE, you will work with C++, Python, Java, React, Bazel, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, GitHub, Linux, embedded systems, Bash, Ansible, etc. Our team is impactful and high leverage: we make the entire engineering organization more productive as well as provide services to our business developers and customers. You will have visibility into every other engineering team and their systems and engage in helping and mentoring them.
Leave your footprint by:
- designing and implementing scalable distributed engineering and verification systems to facilitate the development of remote-controlled and self-driving vehicles together with our SREs.
- empowering engineers to get to full autonomy faster by providing initiative and technical leadership to build reliable, high-quality solutions that scale with Fernride’s engineering processes.
- working on workstations, trucks, in the cloud, and with everything in between.
- building out the mobile connectivity (SDWAN) between trucks, the cloud and teleoperator stations
- contributing to our build/test/CI/CD system, the largest distributed system at FERNRIDE.
- contributing to our cloud services, which are used by developers, management, operations and customers of Fernride.
- making open source your work, describing it in blog posts, and talking about it at conferences.
What you will bring to the team?
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or a related field.
- Excellent understanding of Linux operating system internals, TCP/UDP/IP networking, and storage subsystems.
- Knowledge and experience with private VPNs, including optimizing for low delay, high throughput, and high availability is a plus
- Experience with cloud network design and implementation is a plus
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Working with FERNRIDE means accomplishments are based on team effort, so all my colleagues and I benefit from:
- Company shares
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work model
- Up to six weeks of remote work across Europe
- Team events and quarterly offsites
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving culture
- 30 days of vacation
- Snacks / beverage
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.