C++ Engineer, Safe Robotics (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What would you do?
As a C++ Engineer, Safe Robotics (f/d/m), you own the testing of FERNRIDE's core safety functions. You are a software engineer with a robotics or automotive background and are interested in developing safety critical systems with machine vision components. You have experience taking such system through verification and validation cycle leading to safety certification. You develop a thorough understanding of our safety critical functions, as well as the safety standards that apply to them. You use this understanding to drive the design and implementation of the testing needed to achieve certification. You do so while contributing to the design and implementation of the safety functions themselves, including related tooling such as re-simulation and visualisation. You partner closely with the Systems and Safety Engineering, Test and Verification teams to achieve these goals. In this role you will be at the core of FERNRIDE's product execution and be a driving force for the advancement of our business plan.
Leave your footprint by:
- designing and developing tests and test infrastructure in modern C++ and Python.
- developing robotics software in modern C++: Classical Machine Vision, LiDAR Sensor Processing.
- designing and participating in the execution of field tests, as well as being responsible for their re-simulation.
- participating in code reviews.
What you will bring to the team?
- Programming skill and experience in modern C++ and Python.
- Robotics experience in the domain of safe perception using classical machine vision techniques using LiDAR and/or Radar.
- Experience with the safety certification of perception-based robotics or automotive products, and familiarity with relevant standards.
- Experience in programming applications for the Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of design patterns, algorithms , geometry and Linear algebra.
Nice to have:
- Experience with computer graphics and graphical user interfaces
- Experience with openGL, Dear ImGui, googletest and/or other common general support libraries and frameworks
Sounds interesting and relevant but you aren’t convinced you can check all of the boxes? Please apply! We offer great learning opportunities, and you will work among some exceptionally bright people. If you meet us halfway and show great potential, then Fernride is for you.
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Company shares.
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Snacks / beverage.
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.