Senior Software Engineer (C++/HMI) (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What would you do
Leave your footprint by:
- Developing software in modern C++.
- Implementing HMI specific software: Graphical Interfaces, Input Devices, Audio, Force Feedback.
- Participating in code reviews and mentoring across teams.
- User testing and iteration on the user experience.
- Promoting your work, blogging it and representing FERNRIDE at events/conferences.
What you will bring to the team?
- Outstanding programming skill and substantial experience in modern C++.
- Significant experience with computer graphics and graphical user interfaces.
- Experience in programming applications for the Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of design patterns and algorithms.
- Knowledge of geometry and linear algebra.
- Experience with openGL, abseil, gsl, Dear ImGui, googletest and/or other common general support libraries and frameworks.
- Technical leadership.
- Familiarity with Bazel.
Sounds interesting and relevant but you aren’t convinced you can check all of the boxes? Please apply! We offer great learning opportunities, and you will work among some exceptionally bright people. If you meet us halfway and show great potential, then Fernride is for you.
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Company shares.
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Snacks / beverage.
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.