Senior Embedded C++ Engineer (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What will you do
As a Senior C++ Embedded Engineer (f/d/m), you own the implementation of FERNRIDE's core safety concept and architecture. You will develop the logic and software that provides guarantees that the product is safe in all scenarios in the ODD. You will partner very closely with the Systems and Safety Engineering, Autonomy and Test and Verification to ensure that our safety critical code base is correctly implemented. You will also help to drive the certification process with our safety certification partners. In this role you will be at the core of FERNRIDE's product execution and be a driving force for the advancement of our business plan.
Leave your footprint by:
- developing real-time embedded software that implements the safety critical parts of our stack on Microcontroller and Microprocessors using C and C++
- implementing device driver, I/O hardware abstraction layer and other hardware specific software
- implementing real-time applications like control logic, alerts, diagnostics, monitoring and Minimal Risk Condition manoeuvres and implementing support tools and helpers using Python
- getting involved in the full life cycle of safety critical development from concept through integration, test, and release
What you will bring to the team?
- Knowledge related to design patterns and algorithms
- Significant experience in modern C++ and C for real-time applications and Python programming experience
- Substantial experience in using development tools like JTAG Debugger, CAN and Ethernet protocol analyzer, logic analyzer, etc.
- Experience in writing production-quality safety critical code and maintaining large codebases is required.
- Experience with Rust is a nice-to-have
Sounds interesting and relevant but you aren’t convinced you checked all of the boxes? Please reach out or apply directly. We are interested in your story and motivation!
About Your Team
The Engineering team is built up with a group of dynamic and innovative experts pushing the boundaries in autonomous driving technology and teleoperation. The team strives to stay ahead of the curve, delivering safe, state-of-the-art autonomous technology to the market.
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Working with FERNRIDE means accomplishments are based on team effort, so all my colleagues and I benefit from:
- Company shares
- 1000 EUR Learning & Development budget per year
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work model
- Up to six weeks of remote work across Europe
- Team events and quarterly offsites
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving culture
- 30 days of vacation
- Snacks / beverage
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.