Hardware Engineering Manager (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What would you do
As Hardware Engineering Manager (f/d/m) you will lead the development and verification of an embedded hardware system utilized as a high-performance compute and safety compute environment for an autonomous and teleoperation-based yard trucking product. You are at the cutting edge of the development of our products and shaping the future of logistics.
Leave your footprint by:
- taking ownership of the development and verification lifecycle for the high performance and safety hardware system including ethernet and CAN network, cell phone modems, housing, cooling, heating and dehumidification systems.
- partnering very closely with other engineering managers and directors who own adjacent systems and processes
- building up and leading a talented team of engineers, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative work environment
- driving the architecture and design of the embedded system, ensuring it meets the performance, reliability, and safety requirements of the autonomy and teleoperation product
- collaborating closely with cross-functional teams including software developers, hardware engineers, and product managers to ensure seamless integration and functionality
- steering and managing external partners and supplier of COTS and MOTS components
- driving the test and qualification of all components as well as the integrated system of systems towards CE approval and the one hand and making sure all parts of the system are fulfilling the technical requirements for teleoperation as well as autonomy
- defining and implementing best practices for development processes, testing methodologies, and quality assurance to ensure a robust and efficient system
What you will bring to the team?
- Proven track record of successfully leading the development and verification of embedded hardware systems
- Strong technical background and expertise in areas such as embedded systems, sensors, ethernet and CAN networks as well as hardware-software integration
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a team towards a common goal
- Experience with high-performance compute environments, parallel computing, and real-time data processing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with autonomous systems, teleoperation technologies, or robotics is highly desirable
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Company shares
- Flexible working hours and remote work
- Team events and quarterly offsite
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture
- 30 days of vacation
- Snacks / beverage
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.