Senior Mapping and Localization Engineer (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What will you do
At FERNRIDE, our Autonomy team works on enabling automating truck driving within container yards. We are on the hunt for passionate and pragmatic individuals to contribute their expertise in Perception, Control, and Localisation. Leveraging a cutting-edge sensor suite that includes LIDARs, Radars, Cameras, and GNSS technology, we are dedicated to tackling the most complex real-world scenarios in container yards. If you are ready to be a part of a forward-thinking team, working within well-defined Operational Design Domain (ODD) constraints, and driving innovative solutions to accelerate development while mitigating technical risks, this is the place to be.
Leave your footprint by:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and implement localisation and mapping algorithms
- Working on localization pipeline for autonomous trucks in challenging GNSS environment.
- Building map and map updates pipeline to support on going operations of the vehicles.
- Participating in the complete software development lifecycle, from conception to deployment, while adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Iteratively testing and validating your algorithms in real-world scenarios to ensure robust performance and safety.
What you will bring to the team?
- Fundamental understanding of Linux operating system internals, TCP/IP networking, and storage subsystems.
- Strong experience scaling and securing services in the cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP) or cloud-native environments.
- Experience using infrastructure-as-code principles to automate the creation of infrastructure resources (e.g., Crossplane, Cluster API, Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Understanding of engineering design limitations and ability to guide teams to scale their services to achieve desired performance within budget.
- Experience implementing and debugging cloud native and open-source tools such as Kubernetes, etc, Prometheus, FluentD and Istio.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse and distributed team.
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Working with FERNRIDE means accomplishments are based on team effort, so all my colleagues and I benefit from:
- Company shares
- 1000 EUR Learning & Development budget per year
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work model
- Up to six weeks of remote work across Europe
- Team events and quarterly offsites
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving culture
- 30 days of vacation
- Snacks / beverage
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.