Engineering Technician - Autonomy R&D (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO?
As an Engineering Technician - Autonomy R&D (f/d/m) at FERNRIDE, you will be joining the R&D team building the next generation of our teleoperational and autonomous vehicles. This includes the vehicle platform, sensor stack, telecommunication components, and teleoperator workstation. In this role, you will be directly reporting to the Head of R&D and be the key player in ensuring our systems are manufactured, tested, and delivered to internal standards. As one of our team members in this domain, you will have the chance to build up the related processes and progress personally and professionally.
Leave your footprint by:
- installing mechanical and electronic components and existing systems internally or externally when necessary.
- carrying out measurements and functional tests for engineering.
- having a root cause analysis and repairing of issues as they occur.
- documenting both daily tasks and technical issues.
- ensuring all test procedures meet company and industry standards.
- maintaining and upgrading all internal vehicle systems.
- having sound knowledge of internal operation systems and, if necessary, customer support
- Inter team collaboration for product improvements
What you will bring to the team?
- Excellent knowledge of English and German in the field of technology
- Several years of professional experience in Mechatronic or R&D role in the automotive field
- Hands-on experience with low voltage electrical systems and wiring harnesses
- Hands on experience assembling complex mechanical assemblies
- Sound knowledge of relevant testing and measuring techniques, electrical and mechanical
- In-depth knowledge of work and safety regulations including safe handling of IT devices
- Outstanding craftsmanship.
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Working with FERNRIDE means accomplishments are based on team effort, so all my colleagues and I benefit from:
- Company shares
- 1000 EUR Learning & Development budget per year
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work model
- Up to six weeks of remote work across Europe
- Team events and quarterly offsites
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving culture
- 30 days of vacation
- Snacks / beverage
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.