Systems Test Specialist (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What will you do
At FERNRIDE, we call the team that provides most of the services and infrastructure as well as verification efforts, the Engineering and Verification Ecosystems (EVE) team. As the foundation of Fernride engineering, the EVE team is poised to build the most productive engineering team in the world with an engineering system that scales, rock-solid cloud platforms and world class verification. From source management to deploying to individual vehicles roaming around different yards, from distributed building/testing to orchestrating container-based integration tests in the cloud, from customizing and installing OSs and firmware to building CLI and web services and applications, we have it all covered.
We are currently seeking an System Test Specialist (f/d/m) to join our growing team in Germany. The ideal candidate is not afraid to automate things using scripting languages and enjoys working closely with developers. This role requires a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of how technology can help us achieve our business goals.
Leave your footprint by:
- designing, developing, implementing, and managing test plans for new projects and software developments in close collaboration with our developers
- creating automated testing scripts to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our testing procedures
- managing hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) equipment, and other testing tools
- coordinating with developers and project managers to understand system requirements and conduct tests to ensure the systems are functioning according to these requirements
- providing clear communication on a regular basis with the team about test progress, anomalies, risks, and related matters
What you will bring to the team?
- Strong system testing skills
- Software testing skills are a plus
- Understanding of Linux operating system internals
- Experience with planning of software development projects and organizing small teams
- Experience with working on larger software systems
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Working with FERNRIDE means accomplishments are based on team effort, so all my colleagues and I benefit from:
- Company shares
- 1000 EUR Learning & Development budget per year
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work model
- Up to six weeks of remote work across Europe
- Team events and quarterly offsites
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving culture
- 30 days of vacation
- Snacks / beverage
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.