Senior Systems and Safety Engineer (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What would you do
As Senior Systems and Safety Engineer (f/d/m) you establish the system architectural design for our tech products from vehicle stack to teleoperation station. You make sure, the architecture covers all system requirements, and that a clear trace back and forth exists between architectural design elements and system requirements. You are at the cutting edge of the development of our products and shaping the future of logistics.
Leave your footprint by:
- collaborating with product, hardware and software teams on system requirements elicitation and writing at different levels of abstraction.
- collaborating with product, hardware and software teams on system architectural design on different levels of abstraction.
- supporting hardware and software departments to select adequate off-the-shelf components.
- support software and test teams to develop in conformity with safety and security standards.
- Interacting with external suppliers and agree on interfaces, responsibilities and requirements with respect to safety and security.
- collaborating with system verification team on an efficient verification strategy that provides earliest possible feedback to the fast-moving development.
- Safety analysis and engineering according to the machinery standards ISO12100, ISO 13849, IEC61508-3 and others.
- focusing on establishing software safety processes, system FMEA and specification of safety mechanisms.
What you will bring to the team?
- Experience with decomposing complex systems into concrete deliverables and requirements.
- Significant experience with the development of complex distributed systems in either machinery, automotive, robotics, autonomy, transportation, embedded, datacom/telecom, or a similar industry.
- Experience with Safety and Systems engineering in large, complex products (e.g. Military systems, industrial robotics, L4 automotive autonomy products).
- Familiar with embedded hardware and software technology for safety-related systems.
- Ideally also familiar with modern software development practices.
- Outside the box thinking on all aspects of modern safety rated systems
- You want to go beyond prototypes and make the extra mile required to reach a marketable product.
- Practical experience from working with safety standards like ISO26262, IEC61508 or ISO13849.
- Experience with safety analysis practices for complex distributed and embedded systems.
- Good understanding of safety mechanisms provided by modern microprocessors, performance processors and operating systems.
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Company shares.
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Snacks / beverage.
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.