Service / Test Track Technician (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What will you do
As a Service / Test Track Technician (f/d/m), your primary responsibility will be to diagnose, repair, and maintain various types of equipment, machinery, on our systems. You will work closely with departments (engineering, test drivers and other technical staff) to address their technical issues, provide solutions, and ensure the efficient operation of the equipment. This role requires a strong technical background, excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with team members.
Leave your footprint by:
- interacting with our teams in a professional and courteous manner such as addressing inquiries, providing technical guidance, and explaining repairs or maintenance processes clearly.
- performing routine inspections, lubrications, and preventive maintenance tasks to minimize equipment downtime and maximize performance.
- adhering to safety protocols, guidelines, and regulations to maintain a safe working environment and ensuring compliance with industry standards.
- collaborating with engineers and test drivers to prepare the test track for various vehicle tests including setting up test equipment, configuring track layouts, and ensuring that all necessary safety precautions are in place.
- conducting basic maintenance tasks on test vehicles, such as installing and removing equipment, inspecting tires, checking fluid levels, and performing routine maintenance procedures.
What you will bring to the team?
- Any certifications related to automotive technology, mechanics, or similar fields is a plus.
- Knowledge of vehicle systems, components, and basic mechanical principles.
- Familiarity with test equipment and data acquisition systems used in automotive testing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and manuals.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and procedures accurately.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills to collaborate with a diverse group of professionals.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel to customer sites as required.
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Working with FERNRIDE means accomplishments are based on team effort, so all my colleagues and I benefit from:
- Company shares
- 1000 EUR Learning & Development budget per year
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work model
- Up to six weeks of remote work across Europe
- Team events and quarterly offsites
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving culture
- 30 days of vacation
- Snacks / beverage
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.