(Senior) Business Development Manager (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Scope of the Job
As Senior Business Development Manager, you will focus on identifying the right business and partnership opportunities for FERNRIDE to ensure the company’s long-term growth. As an experienced and data-driven dealmaker, you will shape and develop new business models for deploying teleoperation and autonomy solutions in the logistics industry. Reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for finding the right strategic customers and taking them from cold leads to customers with fully scaled deployments. To enable the team moving rapidly you will identify and establish strategic partnerships from truck manufacturers to connectivity providers. As an early member of FERNRIDE and the Business Development team, you will have the opportunity to shape the foundations of our products and culture.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Partners are key for our growth, product development and deployments. Identifying and building relationships with strategic partners & suppliers are a key part of this role.
- We believe in autonomy. You will have the freedom to lead, structure, and execute partner and customer projects.
- Business development pulls the organization towards business opportunities. You will need to coordinate internal resources and external advisor support to lead us to closing customer and supplier contracts.
- We look for your experience and soft skills in leading the way when it comes negotiating commercial contracts with senior decision makers.
- Do you like to innovate? Developing new business models and owning the business case for certain aspects of FERNRIDE is part of the ride. We will need your experience and good ideas generating commercial value for the organization and enabling sustainable growth.
- Know the market! As someone interfacing directly with customers, partners and other market players, you will work hand in hand with the Product Team. Making sure customer and market requirements are translated into our product development process.
WHO YOU ARE
- Ideally you have a masters or equivalent degree in business administration, engineering, or comparable fields.
- This role requires relevant full time work experience of at least 5 years. Ideally you have experience at technology focused start-ups, scale-ups or similar later stage fast paced ventures. Having worked in investment banking, consulting or big tech in combination with customer focused business development history could also help you excel in this role.
- You thrive in environments where you may need to do many tasks yourself. Having that entrepreneurial aspect in the back of your mind will be helpful.
- An experienced deal maker having worked on complex software, service or solutions deals from establishing contact to negotiating up to signatures.
- You are good with people. You are confident in your communication and empathetic towards other humans. Enjoy translating complex ideas to simple messages? You will have fun.
- Proficient English in writing and speaking. Business fluent German is a nice extra.
- Values and personality traits:
- Hands-on / self-driven mentality and analytical / data-driven mindset.
- Enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology.
Sounds interesting and relevant but you aren’t convinced you checked most of the boxes? Please reach out or apply directly. We are interested in your story and motivation!
WHAT WE OFFER
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture
- Proper espresso machines and grinder for your perfect cup
- Snacks / beverage.
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.