FairMoney is a pioneering mobile banking institution specializing in extending credit to emerging markets. Established in 2017, the company currently operates primarily within Nigeria, and it has secured nearly €50 million in funding from renowned global investors, including Tiger Global, DST, and Flourish Ventures. FairMoney maintains a strong international presence, with offices in several countries, including France, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, the UK, Türkiye, and India.
You will be working as a Collections Analyst in the Risk department and will be responsible for driving the growth of our portfolio in Nigeria. Your mission is to ensure portfolio performance according to the company OKRs, offering the best-tailored credit services to as many clients as possible. Your goal is to build FairMoney as a Tier 1 digital lender in Nigeria and you will be a key Business Partner to achieve the same.
As the Collections Analyst for the Nigerian business, you will be part of a team that plays a critical role in managing FairMoney's ability to grow in the market. You will be one of the key stakeholders and contributors in decisions revolving around the business and product strategies.
Role and responsibilities
- Assist in the development of collections strategy
- Strategic campaign planning and optimization of new and existing collections models
- Utilize data sets to perform analytics and propose solutions
- Own the main portfolio metrics - default rates, acceptance rates, and profitability
- Collaborate with Data Science, Debt Collection, and Growth teams on a daily basis
- Work closely together with the Product and Engineering team on improvements for the lending product
- Build, improve, and maintain the credit risk policy for Nigeria that will allow growth of the portfolio according to company OKRs
- Communicate the performance results and other findings with the respective stakeholders
- Keep up to date with the company’s lending protocols
- Benchmarking current risk practices against those stipulated within business units
- Implementing the best possible methodologies in improving the credit performance, considering the risk associated, yet offering the prime credit facility