Field Collections Officer
FairMoney is a credit-led mobile bank for emerging markets. The company was launched in 2017, operates in Nigeria and raised close to €50m from global investors like Tiger Global, DST & Flourish Ventures. The company has offices in France, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, the UK, Türkiye, and India.
Watch the way FairMoney is building Africa’s money story here
As a Field Collections Officer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the timely collection of loan repayments. Your primary responsibilities include monitoring and rehabilitating accounts in arrears through the effective deployment of standard collections and recovery practices within the legal framework. Handling customer objections and complaints professionally, and collaborating with relevant departments for swift issue resolution will be integral to your role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Field Collections Officer at FairMoney, your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct regular field visits to engage with defaulting customers(Agents and merchants), utilizing telephone, emails, and other legal means to demand payments on overdue accounts.
- Maintain a detailed daily activity log, tracking metrics such as the number of calls, right-party contacts, promises to pay, and fulfilled promises to pay.
- Verify information on overdue arrears and initiate daily follow-up calls to address outstanding issues.
- Negotiate and establish effective payment plans and settlements to prevent accounts from further delinquency.
- Track payments by diligently following up on pending promises and ensuring timely resolution.
To excel in this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- University degree in any related field.
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in consumer loans operations and merchants, directly handling delinquent clients and resolving problem situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- High self-motivation with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
- A screening call with the Recruiter for 30 minutes.
- Technical interview with the Team Lead Collections for 30-45 minutes.
- Final Interview with Sr. Manager Collections - SME for 30-45 minutes.