FairMoney is a pioneering mobile banking institution specializing in extending credit to emerging markets. Established in 2017, the company currently operates primarily within Nigeria, and it has secured nearly €50 million in funding from renowned global investors, including Tiger Global, DST, and Flourish Ventures. FairMoney maintains a strong international presence, with offices in several countries, including France, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, the UK, Türkiye, and India.
In alignment with its vision, FairMoney is actively constructing the foremost mobile banking platform and point-of-sale (POS) solution tailored for emerging markets. The journey began with the introduction of a digital microcredit application exclusively available on Android devices. Today, FairMoney has significantly expanded its range of services, encompassing a comprehensive suite of financial products, such as current accounts, savings accounts, debit cards, and state-of-the-art POS solutions designed to meet the needs of both merchants and agents.
Roles and responsibilities
- End-to-end BI partnership and collaboration will include designing and implementing everything related to data processing.
- Drive data accuracy, processing efficiency and consumption convenience of data and platform.
- Efficient in SQL; able to write advanced script, optimize and data model for processing.
- Collaborate closely with the business, and product analyst to understand the business problem and translate them into the right data processing problem statement.
- Work with the team to generate insights & and work on a holistic initiative to provide a more stable and scalable solution for data processing.
- Have a strong problem-solving mindset and be able to apply the right analytical approach for solving the same.
- Be able to influence stakeholders across various functions to drive initiatives & data-driven decision making able to work closely with the data engineering team and can drive and deliver the initiatives.
- Mentor other analysts in the team; play an active role in the hiring process & new team members' onboarding process.
- A minimum of 8 years of analytics or BI experience in relevant roles.
- Knowledge of DBT (data build tool) or any open-source tools for data transformation.
- At least 4 years of experience in designing data warehouses and data models.
- Good knowledge of Kafka and Flink.
- Good knowledge of data integration tools such as Airbyte, and Apache NiFi.
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Penchant for Data & curiosity to understand how Data Engineering works.
- Ability to write complex queries on SQL to manipulate, and consolidate multiple data sources for dashboarding and Data processing.
- Intuition for data and ability to handle big data sources.
- Strong working knowledge of Data process monitoring tools(like Airflow) and visualization tools like Tableau and PowerBI.
- Understanding data analysis and automation languages such as Python is advantageous.
- Strong communication skills; Ability to clearly explain thoughts and ideas either verbally or in written form.
- Understanding of dashboarding principles and prior experience building such dashboards.
- Data modelling skills to manage ETL and big data at scale by understanding data flow in the organization.
- Working experience with data engineering and data platform teams will be an added advantage.
- Learning & Development
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- A screening interview with one of the members of the Talent Acquisition team for 30 minutes.
- Technical round with Analytics Engineering Manager 45-60 minutes.
- Final discussion with Senior Analytics Manager for - 45 minutes.