DevOps Engineer - Data Platform
FairMoney is a credit-led mobile bank for emerging markets. The company was launched in 2017, operates in Nigeria, and has raised close to €50m from global investors like Tiger Global, DST & Flourish Ventures. The company has offices in France, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, the UK, Türkiye, and India.
About the Role
You will assume the role of a "DevOps Engineer - Data Platform" within our Technology Division, a dynamic team of over 75 professionals spread across locations in Lagos, Bangalore, Paris, Türkiye, and globally. Your primary responsibility will be contributing to the development of a cutting-edge data platform, leveraging real-time data processing technologies.
In collaboration with our Data Tech team, you will play a vital role in the integration of open-source technologies and their deployment on our Kubernetes infrastructure. This initiative aims to create a versatile data platform while reducing reliance on managed services.
As we establish Engineering Centers of Excellence in various regions, we are actively seeking talented and driven engineers. This represents a unique opportunity to join the core engineering team of a rapidly growing fintech company poised for substantial expansion in the coming years
Watch the way FairMoney is building Africa’s money story here
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, deploy, maintain, and improve our CI/CD Systems.
- Design, deploy, and maintain our cloud-native IT Infrastructure.
- Design and Implement Infrastructure as Code and dynamic environments setup.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Configure, monitor and manage access for our systems.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
Our Technical stack
- Cloud providers: AWS, GCP.
- Backend: Ruby, Golang.
- Mobile applications: Android (Kotlin).
- Configuration management: Terraform, Kubernetes.
- CI/CD: GitHub Actions, ArgoCD.
- Languages: Python / Scala.
- Techs: GCP BigQuery / DBT / Apache Spark / Apache Flink.
- Streaming: Kinesis / Kafka.
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science, Maths, or related technical domain.
- 5+ years of dedicated hands-on experience in the relevant position.
- 3+ years of proven experience with complex AWS projects.
- 3+ years of proven experience with Infrastructure as Code with Terraform.
- 2+ years of proven experience with Kubernetes in production.
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools (GitHub Actions, ArgoCD).
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language (Python or Ruby is a plus).
Nice to have:
- Exposure - having worked with Kafka, potentially at a large scale.
- Exposure - having worked with Apache Flink / Spark deployments, potentially on Kubernetes.
- Open-source project contributions (changes into README files are not counted), a solid understanding of network routing protocols, DBA experience, and proficiency in at least two programming languages
- Exposure or interest in machine learning and distributed data processing frameworks.
- Learning & Development
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- A screening interview with one of the members of the Talent Acquisition team for 30 minutes.
- Technical round with Senior Data Engineering Manager for 45-60 minutes.
- Technical round with DevOps Lead for 45-60 minutes.
- Final discussion with Head of Data Engineering for 30-45 minutes.