Credit Risk Analyst/Credit Underwriter
FairMoney is a credit-led mobile bank for emerging markets. The company was launched in 2017, operates in Nigeria & India, and raised close to €50m from global investors like Tiger Global, DST & Flourish Ventures. The company has offices in France, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, the UK, Türkiye, and India.
Watch the way FairMoney is building Africa’s money story here
About the Role
You will be working as Risk Analyst in the Risk department and will be responsible for driving the growth of our portfolio in Nigeria. Your mission is to ensure portfolio performance according to the company OKR's, offering the best-tailored credit services to as many clients as possible. Your goal is to build FairMoney as a Tier 1 digital lender in Nigeria and you will be a key Business Partner to achieve the same.
As the Risk Analyst for the Nigerian business, you will be part of a team that plays a critical role in managing FairMoney's ability to grow in the market. You will be one of the key stakeholders and contributors in decisions revolving around the business and product strategies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own the main portfolio metrics - default rates, acceptance rates and profitability.
- Contribute to underwriting funnel improvements.
- Collaborate with Data Science, Debt Collection and Growth teams on a daily basis.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering team on improvements for the lending product.
- Build, improve and maintain the credit risk policy for Nigeria that will allow growing the portfolio according to company OKRs.
- Communicate the performance results and other findings with the respective stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with the company’s lending protocols.
- Benchmarking current risk practices against those stipulated within business units.
- Implementing the best possible methodologies in improving the credit performance, considering the risk associated, yet offering the prime credit facility.
- At least 2 years experience with exposure to Fintech / retail banking credit risk (consumer loans) / NBFCs.
- Expert in credit risk analysis/underwriting principles, methods, and practices.
- Proficient SQL user, with reasonable experience with BI tools like Tableau, PowerBI or similar.
- Strong quantitative analysis experience.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data.
- Impeccable understanding of financial statements, ratios, and concepts.
- Strong communication skills.
- Training & development
- Health insurance
- Flexibility to work from anywhere you want (home, office or both)
- New and modern office space (Verde)
- Additional paid holidays
- A screening interview with one of the members of the Talent Acquisition team for 30 minutes.
- Assignment (Takeaway)
- Assignment review and technical panel interview with Risk Managers for 45-60 minutes.
- Final Interview 45 minutes.