Head of Treasury
FairMoney is a credit-led mobile bank for emerging markets. The company was launched in 2017, operates in Nigeria & India, and raised close to €50m from global investors like Tiger Global, DST & Flourish Ventures. The company has offices in France, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, the UK, Türkiye, and India.
Watch the way FairMoney is building Africa's money story here
Assume responsibility for managing liquidity and capital risk within the Fairmoney group and optimising assets and liabilities within the Group.
Roles and Responsibility
- Manage the Asset / Liability mismatch.
- Reduce Cost of Lending.
- Optimise return on cash balances.
- Forecast both short-term and long-term liquidity needs.
- Determine optimal funding mix.
- Manage relationships with the various banks that FairMoney deals with in Nigeria and Europe.
- Negotiate with various banks regarding pricing, facilities, etc.
- Determine parameters (maximum and minimum floats) regarding amounts to be kept in the various bank accounts used by FairMoney.
- B.Sc. in any related field. An MSc, MBA, or relevant certification is an advantage.
- 10+ years experience in Investment Banking/Corporate Finance in a reputable Investment Bank or Consulting firm.
- Strong knowledge of the Nigerian Debt Capital Markets.
- Ability to lead end-to-end execution of Debt Capital raising.
- Sound analytical and presentation skills.
- Robust financial modelling and Excel skills.
- Strong industry and HNI network.
- Excellent Project management skills.
- Knowledgeable about Capital Markets, the Economy, and general financial markets.
- Treasury management experience.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Hybrid work
- Paid Time Off
- A screening interview with one of the members of the Talent Acquisition team for 30 minutes.
- Case Study takeaway.
- Case Study discussion with Yaw Mante (Head of Finance) and Henry Obiekea (MD, FairMoney Nigeria) for 45-60 minutes.
- Interview with Gustav Raubenheimer (CFO) for 45-60 minutes.