Mobile Software Engineer - iOS
FairMoney is a credit-led mobile bank for emerging markets. The company was launched in 2017, operates in Nigeria & India, and raised close to €50m from global investors like Tiger Global, DST & Flourish Ventures. The company has offices in France, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, the UK, Türkiye, and India.
You will be working as a Mobile Software Engineer in our Technology Division, which is now composed of 75+ people in Lagos, Bangalore, Paris, Türkiye, and remotely across the globe.
We are building Engineering centres of excellence across multiple regions and are looking for smart, talented, driven engineers. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the core engineering team of a fast-growing fintech poised for more rapid growth in the coming years.
Watch the way FairMoney is building Africa's money story here
About the Role
The role is to develop new service functionality for our iOS application that powers the interaction between our Mobile-first Microfinance bank and our worldwide customers. Functionality that acts to maximize customer experience and utility.
- Designing and building mobile applications for Apple’s iOS platform.
- Collaborating with the design team to define app features.
- Ensuring quality and performance of the application to specifications.
- Fixing application bugs before the final release.
- Publishing application on App Store.
- Maintaining the code and atomization of the application.
- Designing and implementing application updates.
- 4+ years of professional experience in iOS native development.
- Proficient in Swift or similar language
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines.
- You are comfortable with Clean Architecture principles
- You are used to writing Unit tests, integration tests
- You are able to manage complexity in a large project
- You also have experience in Android native development (optional)
- Driven by impact
- Great team player & communicator, who at the same time can also work autonomously
- Proactive and hard-working "Get it done" attitude
- Will to over-reach objectives.
- 25 days paid vacation, Sick & Public Holidays to B2B contractors
- Training & Development budget
- Paid company business trips (not mandatory).
- Screening call of ~30 minutes with a member from the HR team
- Deep Technical interview - with Laurent (Mobile Tech Lead) & Enver (Senior Engineering Manager) ~ 90 minutes
- An additional interview with the CTO may be required.