Senior QA Engineer
FairMoney is a credit-led mobile bank for emerging markets. The company was launched in 2017, operates in Nigeria, and raised close to €50m from global investors like Tiger Global, DST & Flourish Ventures. The company has offices in France, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, the UK, Türkiye, and India.
You will be working as a Senior QA Engineer in our Technology Division, which is now composed of 75+ people in Lagos, Bangalore, Paris, Türkiye, and remotely across the globe.
We are building Engineering centres of excellence across multiple regions and are looking for smart, talented, driven engineers. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the core engineering team of a fast-growing fintech poised for more rapid growth in the coming years.
Watch the way FairMoney is building Africa's money story here
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye (Hybrid: 2-3 days a week in the office)
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer with deep knowledge of processes, who will become a close part of our team and strengthen it. At FairMoney we focus primarily on mobile testing. This position assumes that the candidate will have an impact by being involved, driving and guiding developers from teams in a QA perspective to help them perform QA activities properly with maximum effectiveness in a short time by using all arsenal available of advantages that automation can provide. Additionally, the candidate will be involved in product discussions to help identify acceptance criteria.
We are looking forward to you working on:
- Participate in product documentation review and suggest improvements to increase equality.
- Design test scenarios to increase test coverage of products' functionalities.
- Work together with developers on test automation.
- Executing test scenarios (including manual).
- Design/review test strategy and help the team raise the QA culture.
- Evaluate the tests done by developers and work together on improvements.
- Collaborate closely with the product manager and developer team lead.
Our technical stack:
- Cloud providers: AWS, GCP.
- Backend: Ruby, Golang.
- Mobile applications: Android (Kotlin).
- Configuration management: Terraform, Kubernetes.
- CI/CD: Travis, AWS, Codebuild, GitHub Actions, ArgoCD.
- Test Rail, Jira.
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science, Maths, or related technical domain.
- 4+ years of dedicated hands-on experience in a QA role.
- Knowing QA processes and best practices.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- At least B1 English level.
✔️ Nice to have:
- Experience in leading QA/TA processes on projects
- Experience in automation testing
- Bonus points if you have experience with Ruby, RSpec, Ruby on Rails, AWS, Android automation testing, Postman, and Docker
- Paid Time Off (25 days Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Hybrid work - our office is located on the Anatolian Side (very close with good metro access)
- Training & Development budget
- Paid company business trips (not mandatory)
⏳ Recruitment Process
- Screening call: ~30 minutes with a member of the HR team
- Technical interview: ~60 minutes with 2 of our QA Engineers
- Engineering Manager interview: ~30 minutes
Apply with an English CV/resume