Software Engineer - Backend
FairMoney is a credit-led mobile bank for emerging markets. The company was launched in 2017, operates in Nigeria, and raised close to €50m from global investors like Tiger Global, DST & Flourish Ventures. The company has offices in France, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, the UK, Türkiye, and India.
You will be working as a Software Engineer in our Technology Division, which is now composed of 75+ people in Lagos, Bangalore, Paris, Türkiye, and remotely across the globe.
We are building Engineering centres of excellence across multiple regions and are looking for smart, talented, driven engineers. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the core engineering team of a fast-growing fintech poised for more rapid growth in the coming years.
Watch the way FairMoney is building Africa's money story here
We are looking forward to you working on
- Developing high-quality features by working with our Product team to better serve customers;
- Building a platform on which each market can plug its specific features while maintaining a solid common core product;
- Tackling complex financial processes with the right patterns and appropriate solutions;
- Helping drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class experience for our customers;
- Being responsible for designing, developing, and deploying medium to large-sized projects;
- Helping define engineering best practices and providing technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team;
- Contributing to continuous improvements to an infrastructure that can handle millions of clients;
- Analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration, and platform integration
- Our customer-facing product is an Android application;
- It communicates with a Ruby on Rails or Go-lang backend (sidekiq, rspec);
- Our ML pipeline is an API-flask (Python);
- We are hosted on AWS: we use Kubernetes, SNS, SQS, Lambdas, an RDS Aurora Mysql and PostgreSQL databases as well as DynamoDB, S3, Kinesis (data-stream, firehose);
- Prototype of a data warehouse on GCP (GCS, BigQuery, Cloud Composer);
- We run our CI/CD pipeline with GitHub Actions.
- 2+ years of experience in backend software development with any mainstream programming language like Ruby, Go, Java, C# and C++ (we use Golang and Ruby on Rails but they are not mandatory requirements)
- You have an Engineering or University Diploma in computer science
- Understanding of AWS or GCP cloud providers.
- Understanding the architecture and function of multiple technology teams working together to build systems
- 25 days paid vacation, Sick & Public Holidays to B2B contractors
- Training & Development budget
- Paid company business trips (not mandatory).
- HR call 15-30 minutes.
- Technical with back-end focused + culture fit interview