DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
We're seeking one or more additional Mid-Senior level Site Reliability Engineer (d/f/m) to join doctorly on our mission to enable people to live healthier lives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a great Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to take a prominent role within our product development team and help us meaningfully change how healthcare works.
As a SRE at doctorly, you will play a crucial role in building, enhancing, and supporting our existing infrastructure and processes. Your responsibilities will extend to introducing and implementing new solutions that align with optimal Site Reliability Engineering practices. The focus will be on ensuring the support, reliability, availability, and security of our combined private Cloud, On-Edge, and On-Premises infrastructure.
As an integral member of our DevOps teams, you'll be familiar with agile ways of working (esp. scrum) and software development. Your ability to improve and change the way we work is part of our culture.
We're an international team, so fluent English is a must, fluent German would be a bonus but is not essential to the role.
Our vision is to enable everyone to live a healthier life!
The doctorly values are Kindness, Excellence, Ownership and Integrity - we live these every day.
Amidst and as a result of the global pandemic, the world is coming to see just how outdated our health IT infrastructure really is. Have a closer look at the software your doctor currently uses and you’ll understand why this is a burning topic in need of innovation.
doctorly - backed by the best early stage investors in Europe - takes a holistic view of the market and our products, with a firm focus on enabling genuinely meaningful disruption at the very heart of how healthcare works.
Our first goal - reducing the administrative overhead for German doctors and enabling integration within German healthcare by providing doctors with modern, easy to use and highly optimised software to manage their entire practice.
Beyond that we'll be building apps for patients and healthcare professionals as well as an open platform to enable integration across the entire healthcare industry.
- Work collaboratively with software engineering teams to deploy and operate our systems in the most effective and efficient manner
- Setup and own roll outs, deployments to customers
- Ensure our monitoring and logging are able to provide detailed and relevant insights to running systems
- Manage our Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Automate and streamline our build, integration and deployment pipelines
- Focus on supporting the development teams
- Build and maintain tools for deployment
- Manage your time and your resources within a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Assist with locating and resolving bugs and issues, especially in our CI&CD and production environments
At this stage we're only accepting applicants physically located in the EU, due to GDPR compliance.
- Expert level experience with Git
- Experience with Linux, general services and developer support - 37%
- Experience with Distributed Deployments - Infrastructure as code (Ansible and TerraForm preferred) - 10%
- Experience with Kubernetes - 20%
- Experience with Logging and Monitoring (AWS Opensearch, ELK, Prometheus & Grafana) - 15%
- Experience with CI/CD (ideally GitLab) - 10%
- Familiarity with network architecture and security (e.g. Firewalls, VPNs) - 5%
- Attention to detail, knowledge of the current state of DevOps and future trends, being a team player - 100% ;)
* Percentage breakdowns are included to give a rough idea of how much time that part of your role will occupy. These will vary from week to week, depending on the tasks at hand.
- Experience with automated testing (IO, regression, unit, integration, load, etc)
- Knowledge of .NET Core and related tooling
- Knowledge of React/TypeScript and related tooling
- Knowledge of Cypress and related tooling
- German language skills
- Experience in agile (scrum) development environments
- Some availability for roll-outs in Berlin and Germany wide
Offer and Process
We offer flexible working hours, remote/hybrid/office as you prefer and strive to pay great rates suitable for your amazing skills and outstanding experience. Of course we offer all of the usual perks (great gear, awesome colleagues, etc.) as part of our standard package along with great annual leave, healthcare and pension plans. We also offer all employees an excellent virtual options package and a team culture that is second to none.
Our recruiting process typically follows the following form
- Introduction Call - what is doctorly, our vision, who are you, why do we match ~ 30 min.
- Formal/Technical Interview - a chance for you (and us) to ask all the necessary questions ~ 1 hr
- Assessment Task/Workshop - the content and length depend a lot on the role and seniority ~2-4 hours
- References check - we talk to two of your references for about 15 minutes each
- Cultural Interview/Meet the team - a chance for you to really get to know your teammates before you start ~1,5 hrs
- Contract walkthrough, here we take you through the employment agreement and shares contracts so that you really understand both ~1,5 hrs
The entire process should take less than 2 weeks to complete (depending on your availability). We’re flexible and adaptable to your needs and those of the role in this process.