Events Coordinator (6 months FTC)
A bit about us
We’re Doccla, the virtual ward company. We provide patients and clinicians with the transformative power of remote patient monitoring.
Our existing customers are Hospitals, Community Services, and NHS Commissioners that we partner with to deliver tech enabled virtual wards. With our technology, logistics, and support patients can be discharged from a hospital ward to a virtual one and recover in the comfort of their own homes. Patients love our care pathways and health services become more efficient; it’s a win-win.
We are a young company with big aims and a lot of momentum. In the summer of 2022 we raised $18M in an oversubscribed A round led by General Catalyst, a top tier global VC fund and have gone from strength to strength since: we’ve won a series of large multiyear NHS contracts, extended 100% of our existing client contracts.
This is your chance to join us at a key stage of our growth. Our ambition is to be a category leader for virtual healthcare. You will be joining a highly entrepreneurial team that combines technical, clinical, operational, and commercial colleagues.
We're solving real problems for patients and health systems. we’re looking for dedicated people with a passion for healthcare.
This is a hands-on role which can often change depending on business needs. Whilst below is a good reflection of the responsibilities, other responsibilities may arise.
Event Planning and Coordination:
- “Horizon scan” for important events for Doccla to attend
- Co-develop Doccla’s events strategy: what events should we run ourselves? How do we best leverage our events spend to help with our core aims of meeting new prospects, cementing existing relationships and gathering market intelligence?
- Manage all aspects of event planning and execution
- Identify and secure appropriate venues for Doccla-organised dinners and roundtables
- Obtain attendee lists from event suppliers and evaluate the potential benefits of going based on our ideal customer profile
- Assist with logistical planning of events. This involves ensuring Doccla marketing items such as brochures, table clothes, pens, cupcakes etc are sent to event locations and then collected back (You will have the help of our logistics team!)
- Ensure we have ample stock of marketing items listed above, thinking ahead to ensure there are not conflicts with future events
- Liaise with external event organisers, providing them with required assets such as Logos, quick descriptions of Doccla or filling out event portals
- Own our events tracker: Communicate with our events lead to ensure that our events calendar is updated well ahead of time, as well as ensuring ad hoc events are added and finalised well in advance of the event date
Marketing and content creation
- Assist in creating content scheduled in our content tracker
- Assist in executing marketing experiments
- Assist in editing patient testimonials (you will be taught!)
- Use marketing tools like hubspot to upload lists of customers
- Assist in gathering data to support the continuous evaluation of our marketing and events effort
- Doccla is growing rapidly as a business and we all work cross-functionally to do whatever it takes to move the business forward. This should offer exciting opportunities for professional growth and progression.
- Some experience organising events and participating in marketing related activities would be helpful, but not required
- Strong organisational skills: this is a role which requires thinking ahead to allow for smooth operation of events, as such you will need to be highly organised
- Professional written communication skills: this will be a role in which you will be directly communicating with Doccla’s valued clients and strong, professional written communications help support the professionalism of Doccla’s brand
- Warmth: Alongside professionalism, we work in the healthcare sector and are all motivated by the desire to help people. Kindness goes a long way.
We’re looking for someone to commit to this role for a minimum of 6 months.
Please outline your salary expectations and availability to start in your application.
How we work
We empower everyone to take ownership and responsibility for the company and their role within it. We act ethically and think of helping patients and protecting their safety first.
Whatever your role is, to thrive at Doccla, a can-do and action oriented attitude is essential. As is being a clear and open communicator who is receptive to feedback.
Our team is remote first with offices in London and Stockholm. Most of the team lives in and around London and visits the office one to three times per week to enjoy in person meetings, free lunch with the team, and the general perks of a WeWork. The extent of remote vs office working will depend on your role, as some roles have the flexibility to be fully remote.
We have an employee equity pool that you can be part of so that as the company continues to grow you’ll have a share in its success.
Some of our employee benefits include
- 25 days of annual leave and up to 8 bank holidays per year 🌴
- Employee Share Options 📈
- Onsite Team Lunches 🌱
- Wellbeing budget, from a massage to healthy food deliveries 🧘
- Private healthcare with Bupa 🩺
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pet friendly office 🐶
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with annual reviews.
- Work at one of the most patient focussed and client centric healthtech startups, backed by top VC firms, General Catalyst & Speedinvest.
- Growth. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
Diversity at Doccla
We embrace diversity at Doccla. To build a product that is valued we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!
Doccla is committed to the principles of safer recruitment, ensuring that safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults is central to our recruitment processes.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required for all posts with access to children or vulnerable adults. Please note that it is an offence to apply, offer or accept to do any work with children (paid or unpaid) if disqualified from working with children.