We usually respond within three days
About Us & Our Culture
We, employees, need a much more engaging solution around our compensation, and that’s why Cobee was born. Since we created Cobee back in November 2018, our vision has been unwavering: to become the most desirable solution for employees to get compensated at work. As we fight for that vision, we truly believe that we can improve the overall well-being of employees at the same time that we make them feel more engaged with their companies.
We began with a single benefit, and today we offer a diverse range of benefits in three countries, with a team of more than 140 talented people across the globe. We have raised more than €55 Million in venture capital funding backed by world-class investors, including a recent €40 Million Series B investment. While much has changed since our humble beginnings, we stay true to what we believe and to our culture:
- Humble Excellence: We are a team committed to excellence and delivering top-notch results. We make informed decisions and collaborate to succeed, while also approaching our endeavors with low ego and open-mindedness. We support our teammates and give them the opportunity to shine.
- Team Innovation: We are trailblazers, disrupting the status quo and creating something new. We embrace risk and challenge ourselves to think creatively, fostering teamwork and diversity to fuel our ideas. Everyone is encouraged to contribute and have a say in decision-making.
- Lean Ownership: Lean Ownership means owning our actions and outcomes, proactively seeking ways to improve the company for the long haul. We prioritize and simplify to move quickly and work with full autonomy to be agile.
About The Role
Cobee is on a scaling mission going through high growth. After scaling from 40 to +150 people in less than 1 year, we are looking to scale the team 2x during 2023-2024, and we are launching new markets across the globe.
As Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for providing legal advice in the fields of Compensation and Employee Benefits and reviewing, advising, and negotiating issues involving complex customer contracts.
This is not a fully remote role. At Cobee, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is nurtured through in-person interactions and an exciting office environment.
Our offices are open following local guidelines, and we follow a hybrid model.
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts, including legal documents and contracts such as service agreements, insurance agreements, marketing agreements, license agreements, data processing agreements, NDAs, and other commercial agreements.
- Provide legal and strategic guidance and support to all areas of the company and, especially, the sales team for the negotiation and signing of contracts, ensuring we respond to our customer needs in an agile, efficient manner and according to internal policies.
- Advice and support all areas of the company (Finance, HR, Product, Sales, etc.) in ad hoc projects, strategic projects or, in general, opening new business lines in all markets in which Cobee.
- Prepare the day-to-day commercial documentation of the holding companies and, in general, carry out general secretarial tasks.
- Supervising day to day privacy matters and leading privacy specific projects.
- Degree in Law.
- Experience in privacy/ data protection law.
- English and Spanish proficiency level
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Have a result-driven mindset combined with an excellent analytical skillset.
- Have 3+ years as a lawyer in a top law firm and experience as an in-house lawyer.
- Startup/ scaleup mindset & experience are a must: strong motivation & involvement, hands-on behaviour, fast-paced growth and team player.
Why should you join Cobee? [The idea here it’s to not use benefits or compensation as birdcall, we need to reinforce the importance of our culture and how it will impact in
- Excellence - We are driven by building great and impactful solutions to change the employee benefits industry in the long run. In everything we do, we go for the excellence approach.
- Sustainable growth - We always keep a bootstrap mindset while we keep growing! We do this in a very sustainable way and with a lot of substance: growth and profitability are not a contradiction, and we love to find the right balance.
- Non-hierarchical innovators - We listen to everyone. No matter their position. We try to ensure that the people who implement are part of the decision-making.
- Flexible Benefits - Paid flexible benefits (meals, transportation, nurseries) with paid health insurance and a specific budget to spend in an annual budget for training.
We are willing to meet you! Cobee embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
At Cobee, we believe that compensation is people's most important financial relationship, and our vision is to become the most desirable solution for employees to get compensated at work, making them financially healthier and more engaged with their companies. To achieve it, we are radically changing the complex world of employee benefits and flexible remuneration with our product, making it simpler, easier and automating our companies' admin tasks.
Welcome to Cobee: One of the hottest fintech based in Madrid and Mexico City - and recently named one of the future unicorns in Spain-. From our foundation as a startup in 2019, Cobee has grown backed by world-class investors from some of the tech's fast-growing companies in Europe.
Already working at Cobee?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.