We usually respond within three days
About Us & Our Culture
We, employees, need a much more engaging solution around our compensation, and that’s why Cobee was born. Since we created Cobee back in November 2018, our vision has been unwavering: to become the most desirable solution for employees to get compensated at work. As we fight for that vision, we truly believe that we can improve the overall well-being of employees at the same time that we make them feel more engaged with their companies.
We began with a single benefit, and today we offer a diverse range of benefits in three countries, with a team of more than 140 talented people across the globe. We have raised more than €55 Million in venture capital funding backed by world-class investors, including a recent €40 Million Series B investment. While much has changed since our humble beginnings, we stay true to what we believe and to our culture:
- Humble Excellence: We are a team committed to excellence and delivering top-notch results. We make informed decisions and collaborate to succeed, while also approaching our endeavors with low ego and open-mindedness. We support our teammates and give them the opportunity to shine.
- Team Innovation: We are trailblazers, disrupting the status quo and creating something new. We embrace risk and challenge ourselves to think creatively, fostering teamwork and diversity to fuel our ideas. Everyone is encouraged to contribute and have a say in decision-making.
- Lean Ownership: Lean Ownership means owning our actions and outcomes, proactively seeking ways to improve the company for the long haul. We prioritize and simplify to move quickly and work with full autonomy to be agile.
About The Role
As Financial Supervisor in Mexico, you will be responsible for the management, administration, control, and development of all financial processes and cycles within the company, which includes; i.Invoicing issues and accounts receivables, ii. Received invoices and account payables, iii. Cash management and bank admin, iv. Financial Statements closing supervision, iv. Ensure timely, complete and accurate financial reporting and business metrics to head office.
You will report to the Global Finance Controller and will be a key piece of the Finance team in Mexico, helping it to scale and improve its processes supporting Cobee’s growth strategy.
This role has to be more than the 50% of their time-based in Mexico City.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations through effective financial stewardship.
- Directing the strategic oversight and control of both invoicing and accounts payable processes, with a primary focus on identifying and implementing the most efficient and industry-leading processes and tools available in the market.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports following local and Group standards, and provide insights to senior leadership.
- Lead banking relationship management and bank account management.
- Direct oversight and collaboration with an accounting firm for accounting operations and Tax Compliance Management.
- Collaborate with other departments such as legal and strategic finance to ensure cross functional alignment with business objectives and to support decision-making.
- Manage relationships with external auditors, and other financial professionals, culminating in a timely and accurate audit process.
- Identify opportunities to automate to elevate efficiency and accuracy across the team, ensuring we remain up to date with the latest world class tech solutions in the accounting sphere, streamlining processes and removing bottlenecks.
- Drive change management and succeed in the implementation of improved processes, technologies, tools and automations across the finance organization.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and accounting software (ERP implementation experience will be highly valued as).
- Platform and tool friendly in the startup environment (highly valuable the knowledge in handling and integrating databases).
- Obsessed with defining and implementing long-lasting processes.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- A team player and strategically thinker.
- 3-4 years of experience working in a Big Four audit firm or a similar financial services provider and at minimum the last 2 years in a financial role within a startup/scale-up.
- Experience in the management and operation of an ERP.
- Solid experience in internal and external audits (having previously been involved in an audit and due diligence process).
Why should you join Cobee?
- Excellence - We are driven by building great and impactful solutions to change the employee benefits industry in the long run. In everything we do, we go for the excellence approach.
- Sustainable growth - We always keep a bootstrap mindset while we keep growing! We do this in a very sustainable way and with a lot of substance: growth and profitability are not a contradiction, and we love to find the right balance.
- Non-hierarchical innovators - We listen to everyone. No matter their position. We try to ensure that the people who implement are part of the decision-making.
- Flexible Benefits with paid health insurance and a specific budget to spend in an annual budget for training.
We are willing to meet you! Cobee embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
At Cobee, we believe that compensation is people's most important financial relationship, and our vision is to become the most desirable solution for employees to get compensated at work, making them financially healthier and more engaged with their companies. To achieve it, we are radically changing the complex world of employee benefits and flexible remuneration with our product, making it simpler, easier and automating our companies' admin tasks.
Welcome to Cobee: One of the hottest fintech based in Madrid and Mexico City - and recently named one of the future unicorns in Spain-. From our foundation as a startup in 2019, Cobee has grown backed by world-class investors from some of the tech's fast-growing companies in Europe.
Already working at Cobee?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.