Senior Risk Specialist
Who we are
We simplify wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, we’re here to help people trust themselves enough to build their financial freedom — for now and the future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks*, precious metals and commodities* they want — with any sized budget, 24/7. Our global team works across different cultures and time zones, bringing our products to more than 4 million customers, making us one of Europe’s safest and most secure platforms that powers modern investing.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. It’s these diverse perspectives and innovative minds operating as ONE TEAM that keep Bitpanda at the cutting edge of our industry. So if you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and testing Bitpanda’s Business Continuity Management (BCM) programme. You will support Bitpanda in understanding critical processes (internal and outsourced), facilitating the activities necessary to enable the organisation to manage crisis events.
You will report to the VP of Risk and will be a key member of Bitpanda’s growing Group Risk Management Team.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of Bitpanda’s BCM Framework. Create and embed the policies that guide internal stakeholders to implement continuity and recovery strategies.
- Coordinate business impact assessments to identify critical processes, and help internal stakeholders create continuity plans which meet recovery time objectives.
- Oversee the maintenance and testing of continuity plans, setting-up crisis management teams, and running regular exercises to ensure their robustness.
- Create and oversee Bitpanda’s disaster recovery protocols, ensuring that Bitpanda’s critical functions can respond to, and continue to, operate in unforeseen circumstances.
- Support senior management in aligning BCM planning, initiatives and goals with organisational goals and infrastructure capabilities.
Who you are
- 5-10 years experience working in associated industries (financial services, financial technology) implementing and managing BCM activities.
- A subject-matter-expert in BCM, with a track record of successfully and implementing BCM & disaster recovery plans.
- Strong knowledge of information security and outsourcing, with the ability to tie BCM into concepts such as information confidentiality, availability and integrity.
- Someone who takes pride in bringing risk-management topics to life, embedding risk management practices which are high output, low friction.
- A self-starter who’s able to operate in an ever-changing environment. Someone who’s able to consistently demonstrate leadership and ownership.
Nice to have:
- Recognised certifications such as CBCP or CBCI a bonus.
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid-working model with 60-Work From Anywhere days
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading benefits programs and policies shaped by our flexibility-first philosophy
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.