Senior Backend Engineer, Python
Who we are
We simplify wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, we’re here to help people trust themselves enough to build their financial freedom — for now and the future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks*, precious metals and commodities* they want — with any sized budget, 24/7. Our global team works across different cultures and time zones, bringing our products to more than 4 million customers, making us one of Europe’s safest and most secure platforms that powers modern investing.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. It’s these diverse perspectives and innovative minds operating as ONE TEAM that keep Bitpanda at the cutting edge of our industry. So if you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Software Engineer in our Assets and Hedging (A&H) team, you will be responsible for writing, reviewing and maintaining clean and scalable code over all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
A&H supports over 17 different microservices that are responsible for the listing, pricing and handling of over 2500+ asset classes in our Trade Hub and ensures hedging when necessary.
What you’ll do
- Launch brand new assets such as crypto currencies, stocks, commodities and more into the Bitpanda ecosystem
- Develop clean, maintainable, scalable and testable software for high performant backend systems
- Work on loosely coupled microservices for the core business to support the entire organisation
- Help us to transform our systems to the next level and increase adoption of our event driven architecture
- Solve multi-dimensional problems that you never knew existed before
Who you are
- You have strong python and RestAPI knowledge built up in product based companies; bonus points for FinTech environments
- Experience in relational and NoSQL databases and deep knowledge on API design, websockets, network communication
- Excellent communicator with leadership skills to drive initiatives in technical level
- Experience in event streams, message brokers like Apache Kafka
- Familiarity and experience with any of the following is a plus: AWS services, cryptocoins, stock markets, blockchain, devops infrastructure
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid-working model with 60-Work From Anywhere days
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading benefits programs and policies shaped by our flexibility-first philosophy
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.