Who we are
We simplify wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, we’re here to help people trust themselves enough to build their financial freedom — for now and the future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks*, precious metals and commodities* they want — with any sized budget, 24/7. Our global team works across different cultures and time zones, bringing our products to more than 4 million customers, making us one of Europe’s safest and most secure platforms that powers modern investing.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. It’s these diverse perspectives and innovative minds operating as ONE TEAM that keep Bitpanda at the cutting edge of our industry. So if you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As an Engineering Manager, you will primarily be responsible for leading your team and successfully contributing to the development of our products and services. You will play a key role in the growth and development of your colleagues by acting as both a mentor and coach.
What you’ll do
- Lead, grow, and inspire your team to perform at the highest level and successfully deliver their best output in a fast-paced environment
- Plan and execute strategically- important projects with a variety of stakeholders across different business units
- Closely work together with our Heads of Engineering to build and further develop your team and the overall Engineering area together
- Ensure the collaboration of managed teams across different engineering teams/offices and adheres to the defined global engineering best practices
- Perform regular 1:1 with your team members to develop career plans and goals. Help your team to maintain resilience in periods of change and ambiguity
Who you are
- You have the ability to lead teams effectively, provide guidance in ambiguous situations, influence technical discussions and are able to contribute to the development and future growth of software engineers
- You have experience in a leadership role with demonstrated deep knowledge of the development of digital products, good understanding of software architecture all the way from experimentation to continuous improvement in an agile environment
- You have experience in communicating business requirements to different stakeholders outside the Engineering area. You are highly collaborative, focused on building relationships across all departments
- Capability to perform regular performance reviews and derive new development goals or improvement strategies
- Hands-on personality, self-driven, somebody who likes to be involved rather sitting on the sidelines
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid-working model with 60-Work From Anywhere days
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading benefits programs and policies shaped by our flexibility-first philosophy
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.