Public Affairs Lead
Who we are
We simplify wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, we’re here to help people trust themselves enough to build their financial freedom — for now and the future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks*, precious metals and commodities* they want — with any sized budget, 24/7. Our global team works across different cultures and time zones, bringing our products to more than 4 million customers, making us one of Europe’s safest and most secure platforms that powers modern investing.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. It’s these diverse perspectives and innovative minds operating as ONE TEAM that keep Bitpanda at the cutting edge of our industry. So if you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
We are in search of an exceptional Public Affairs Lead who possesses a deep legal acumen and outstanding communication skills to elevate our Public Policy Position to new heights. Bitpanda stands at the forefront of regulatory compliance within the Crypto sector, maintaining close ties with regulatory authorities, industry associations, and legislators to ensure our voice is heard. As a part of the Public Policy Team, you will not only shape Bitpanda's policy stances but also actively advocate for them in the market. Step into the realm of Europe's leading Crypto-Asset service provider and join Bitpanda in setting the benchmark for regulatory excellence in the European Crypto landscape.
What you’ll do
- Vigilantly track the evolving regulatory landscape in collaboration with our Legal and Compliance Team, with a keen emphasis on forthcoming Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS) under MiCA.
- Analyse and map upcoming regulatory requirements against our current business setup and operations, assess their impact, and flag potential issues and necessary adjustments
- Craft well-informed policy positions and compose responses for public consultations. Act as Bitpanda's representative in industry associations.
- Articulate Bitpanda's stance to external stakeholders, with a particular focus on engaging with public sector entities such as National Competent Authorities (NCAs), legislators, and regulatory bodies.
- Deliver informative briefings and strategic counsel to executives and senior management, with a strong emphasis on the evolving frameworks in the realm of Crypto-Assets and MiCA.
Who you are
- You possess an extensive German network which will empower us to effectively engage with key German decision makers and stakeholders.
- A skilled and experienced public speaker with outstanding English communication abilities, and a distinct advantage in proficiency in German. Your expertise lies in simplifying intricate subjects, including regulatory matters, for seamless communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Law, business or communication degree or similar academic qualification and a minimum of 3 years of experience working in financial or crypto industry in a regulatory or Public Affairs function
- A regulatory enthusiast, you closely follow the EU's forthcoming Markets in Crypto Assets Regulation (MiCA) and possess an innate analytical mindset, passionate about uncovering regulatory implications within (financial) technology.
- Demonstrated experience in Public Policy, Governmental Affairs, Lobbying or similar
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid-working model with 60-Work From Anywhere days
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading benefits programs and policies shaped by our flexibility-first philosophy
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.