Who we are
We simplify wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, we’re here to help people trust themselves enough to build their financial freedom — for now and the future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks*, precious metals and commodities* they want — with any sized budget, 24/7. Our global team works across different cultures and time zones, bringing our products to more than 4 million customers, making us one of Europe’s safest and most secure platforms that powers modern investing.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. It’s these diverse perspectives and innovative minds operating as ONE TEAM that keep Bitpanda at the cutting edge of our industry. So if you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) of Bitpanda Asset Management GmbH, your mission will be to ensure the protection, integrity, confidentiality, and authenticity of our organisation's information assets. You will be responsible for and oversee the information security program as well as maintaining a strong security posture across the organisation. Critically you will be in charge of managing our technology outsourcing relations. You will be a trusted leader within our organisation, responsible for maintaining and enhancing Bitpanda's information security posture, including IT Risk management and Governance at group level.
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement IT GRC strategies for regulatory compliance and risk management for BAM and influence group level policies.
- Assess and manage IT-related risks, ensuring safeguards are in place.
- Monitor and report compliance with regulations, industry standards, and internal policies.
- Responsible for building new capabilities and supporting change projects, i.a. DORA preparations.
- Enhance and enforce information security policies, standards, and procedures especially regarding the German BAIT.
- Carry out continuous risk assessments and vulnerability assessments to identify and mitigate security gaps, as well as identifying the areas for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with German laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Conduct security audits, material 3rd party assessments and penetration testing.
- Be part of a cross-functional and cross-organisational Information Security Committee for guidance and oversight.
- Manage stakeholders, partners, and vendors to ensure proper data sharing.
- Provide horizon-scanning IT risk assessments based on research and awareness of group level strategies.
- Participate in key Risk and Security committees representing BAM local and at group level
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in Information/Cyber Security within the German financial services environment.
- In-depth knowledge of finance and banking regulatory requirements for implementing Governance, Risk, and Compliance initiatives.
- Effective communication skills to act as a direct contact point for bank and regulatory authorities.
- Strong decision-maker - able to make decisions that are well informed and timely.
- Flexible and adaptable - capable of showing flexibility to meet new demands and change direction where required and adapt to new security technologies and fast-moving IT landscape.
- Ability to form business partnerships that help drive the information security strategy forward.
- Analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to senior management.
- Solid problem solving - think outside the box to retrieve customised solutions...
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid-working model with 60-Work From Anywhere days
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading benefits programs and policies shaped by our flexibility-first philosophy
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.