Senior Software Engineer, Java - Operations Hub
Who we are
We simplify wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, we’re here to help people trust themselves enough to build their financial freedom — for now and the future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks*, precious metals and commodities* they want — with any sized budget, 24/7. Our global team works across different cultures and time zones, bringing our products to more than 4 million customers, making us one of Europe’s safest and most secure platforms that powers modern investing.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. It’s these diverse perspectives and innovative minds operating as ONE TEAM that keep Bitpanda at the cutting edge of our industry. So if you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Senior Software Engineer at Bitpanda, you will be responsible for writing, reviewing and maintaining clean and scalable code over all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. Within the Ops Hub Solution at Bitpanda, you will be one of the key Software engineers driving Bitpanda’s core backend systems in the Operations, Compliance and Regulatory domains. You will work on business critical projects, tackling architectural and conceptual challenges, integrate with 3rd party vendors and interface and collaborate with many other Engineers and teams within Bitpanda.
We have many new, exciting but also challenging initiatives coming up which will play a crucial role in Bitpanda’s future success – which you could be part of.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop scalable, resilient, message-driven services using Java as a programming language
- Write clean and correct code with high test coverage and extensive testing
- Contribute to conversational development, disseminating information to the rest of the team
- Optimise systems to ensure reliability, performance, scalability and maintainability
- Build strong relationships with cross functional teams
Who you are
- Knowledge and experience in software development with Java 11+
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases, preferably Postgres and MongoDB
- Experience creating and maintaining publicly available REST APIs
- Practical knowledge in using message-oriented middleware (Apache Kafka)
- Know-how in using CI/CD and familiarity with AWS will be advantageous
- You have worked with PHP in the past
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid-working model with 60-Work From Anywhere days
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading benefits programs and policies shaped by our flexibility-first philosophy
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.