Compliance Officer, UK
Who we are
We simplify wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, we’re here to help people trust themselves enough to build their financial freedom — for now and the future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks*, precious metals and commodities* they want — with any sized budget, 24/7. Our global team works across different cultures and time zones, bringing our products to more than 4 million customers, making us one of Europe’s safest and most secure platforms that powers modern investing.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. It’s these diverse perspectives and innovative minds operating as ONE TEAM that keep Bitpanda at the cutting edge of our industry. So if you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Compliance Officer at the Bitpanda-Group, you will help shape the future of our Compliance Department in conjunction with dedicated Compliance professionals across Bitpanda’s regulated entities throughout Europe. Furthermore, you will work together with all relevant departments and take over regulatory projects on your own.
What You’ll do
- Managing compliance with applicable legal, regulatory and ethical rules and guidelines, as well as monitoring of all operational processes, with specific focus on legislative requirements for regulated financial institutions within the UK
- Managing and supporting respective stakeholders from relevant departments to ensure effective and sustainable standards are maintained, inter alia, standard operating procedures, policies, and regulatory oversight
- Acting as an informant and contact person for department heads to align on interdepartmental and group wide teamwork and success
- Reporting and analyses on both internal and external company rules in establishing compliance with underlying regulation and legal prerequisites
- Conducting Compliance Business Wide Risk Assessment and determining with a risk-based approach the annual focus areas, conducting internal compliance audits, reporting audit results to the board, as well as creating and executing remediation plans
- Designing and delivering compliance education and training
- Developing and updating policies and procedures as needed, and enhancing the written internal control systems
- Developing and updating annual Compliance Plan and identifying areas for improvement
- Steering product development to ensure state of the art compliance regime and finding solutions to meet both, our client’s needs and our regulatory requirements
- Aligning frequently with local Senior Management and the Group Compliance Officer
Who you are
- Legal, economic or regulatory background, ideally with experience in the technical crypto and/or financial industry
- Passionate about crypto, new techniques and development
- Excellent knowledge of UK & EU regulation and compliance requirements for Crypto Asset firms/Fintech firms
- University degree in relevant discipline; alternatively technical college or comparable education
- Relevant working experience in the financial service industry, Fintech or a regulated environment with a focus on Compliance, Audit or Consultancy at financial service providers or institutions
- Experience in MiFID II/Security-Compliance or Payment-/E-Money-Institutions required
- A compliance certification like CAMS, ICA or similar is an advantage
- Team player, open-minded, organised, confident, competent, resilient, reliable, and committed
- Fluency in English is required, and German language is an advantage
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid-working model with 60-Work From Anywhere days
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading benefits programs and policies shaped by our flexibility-first philosophy
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.