Senior Information Security Specialist
Who we are
We simplify wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, we’re here to help people trust themselves enough to build their financial freedom — for now and the future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks*, precious metals and commodities* they want — with any sized budget, 24/7. Our global team works across different cultures and time zones, bringing our products to more than 4 million customers, making us one of Europe’s safest and most secure platforms that powers modern investing.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. It’s these diverse perspectives and innovative minds operating as ONE TEAM that keep Bitpanda at the cutting edge of our industry. So if you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As an Information Security Specialist, you will have a key role in ensuring security posture at Bitpanda in the InfoSec team. You will be responsible for the planning and implementation of compliance standards, improving IT governance level and participate in IT Risk management. You will also conduct regular cyber risk assessments to ensure an overview of the risk situation is always maintained.
What you’ll do
- Plan and implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Conduct risk assessments, tracking of incidents and vulnerabilities
- Define and implement cyber security policies and procedures
- Provide insights on our security landscape and track the efficiency of our efforts
- Assist the business with security gap analyses and security documentation within projects
Who you are
- University degree with a specialisation in IT, Technology, Security, Business IT or similar
- Excellent verbal and written German and English skills
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations like ITIL, GDPR, ISO27001, BSI, NISG
- Previous experience with AWS
- Holding a certification such as CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, ITIL etc. is an advantage.
- 3 plus years of experience in security, governance, compliance, risk management or similar
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid-working model with 60-Work From Anywhere days
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading benefits programs and policies shaped by our flexibility-first philosophy
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.