Senior Software Engineer, Java (Kafka)
Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Senior Software Engineer at Bitpanda, you will be responsible for writing, reviewing and maintaining clean and scalable code over all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
About the team:
Identity platform team primary mission revolves around solidifying the Bitpanda User Management core into a comprehensive platform. Essentially, we're the driving force behind the backend infrastructure that enables seamless client interaction within this domain.
Our role is pivotal in integrating clients – whether they're on the web or mobile platforms – into the Bitpanda ecosystem, all within the scope of the User domain. Positioned as the gateway to our technology stack, we tackle mission-critical projects that underpin our system's foundational functionality.
Anticipate an engaging journey ahead. Our roadmap is rich with intriguing prospects, reflecting the importance of our work in the broader Bitpanda landscape.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop scalable, resilient, message-driven services using Java as a programming language
- Write clean and correct code with high test coverage and extensive testing
- Contribute to conversational development, disseminating information to the rest of the team
- Optimise systems to ensure reliability, performance, scalability and maintainabilityWho you are:
- Knowledge and experience in software development with Java 11+
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Experience creating and maintaining publicly available REST APIs
- Practical knowledge in using message-oriented middleware (Kafka)
- Know-how in using CI/CD and familiarity with AWS will be advantageous
What’s in it for you
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading Flex-Ben approach and package (see our careers page)
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
- A diverse team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.