Commercial Director - France
Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
We are seeking a dynamic and seasoned Director to lead and oversee our commercial operations in France. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of experience in financial services, growth industries and strategic leadership to drive our growth and market presence within the local landscape.
What you’ll do
- Business Strategy and Development, own the end-to-end revenue and budget responsibility for the French market and develop and execute a comprehensive business and go-to-market strategy for France, in alignment with the company's global vision and objectives.
- Identify growth opportunities, market trends, and competitive positioning to expand the company's market share and revenue streams and drive the development and launch of new investment products and services that cater to the local market needs.
- Build partnerships and nurture strategic relationships with key stakeholders, including financial institutions, asset managers, regulatory bodies, and industry influencers. Collaborate with local and international partners to create synergies, co-branded initiatives, and distribution channels. Negotiate and finalise partnerships that enhance the platform's offerings and market reach.
- Drive the Sales and Marketing by engaging with the global sales and marketing teams in devising and executing effective strategies to attract, acquire, and retain clients. Analyse market trends and competitor activities to refine marketing approaches and capitalise on emerging opportunities.
- Provide inspirational leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the local commercial team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and performance excellence. Recruit, develop and retain top talent to achieve the company's growth whilst monitoring performance and reporting. Monitor and analyse key performance metrics, investment trends, and financial results to assess business performance and identify areas for optimisation
Who you are
- Proven track record of senior leadership roles within the financial services sector or another online industry.
- Demonstrated success in driving commercial growth, achieving revenue targets, and expanding market share.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of local market dynamics, regulatory environment, and
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic industry and navigate complexity.
- Proficiency in English and French (both written and spoken).
What’s in it for you
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading Flex-Ben approach and package (see our careers page)
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
- A diverse team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.