Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As our Accounting Specialist, you will be part of an expert team that manages the day-to-day accounting activities for our HQ and all our subsidiaries. In this role, you’ll gain exposure to a wide range of accounting activities in a fast-moving fintech environment where you'll have ownership for managing all relevant accounting transactions and contribute to interesting project work related to data and financial accounting process improvement.
What you’ll do
- Independent bookkeeping for all kinds of accounting tasks
- Manage the timely processing of relevant accounting transactions (e.g. accounts receivable, cash management, bank postings, fixed assets accounting, inter-company transactions, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, yearly and consolidated financial statements
- Contribute to projects that improve the quality of the accounting data and financial processes
Who you are
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in accounting
- General knowledge of Austrian GAAP. IFRS is considered a plus
- Experience in processing incoming invoices and processing expense claims
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle Netsuite preferred) is considered a plus
- Excellent English communication skills; with a minimum B2 level of German
What’s in it for you
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading Flex-Ben approach and package (see our careers page)
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
- A diverse team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.