Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Payroll Manager, you’ll love to be hands-on in order to deal with the complex legalities, regulations and logistics of the global payroll landscape. You’ll also support multiple employee payroll bases — for our European hubs— ensuring an incredible service for our colleagues.
What you’ll do
- Own and manage the end-to-end payroll process for 600+ employees with multi-country operations.
- Ensure the implementation of payroll policy, operating procedures and audit controls.
- Oversee the monthly payroll accounting and reconciliation partnering with Finance and Treasury teams.
- Partner cross-functionally with our People Operations, Accounting, Legal and Treasury teams to:
- Reconcile recurring and non-recurring entries on the monthly payroll checklist against the payroll change reports.
- Align payroll processes and systems to statutory country regulations.
- Reconcile benefit in kind and monthly reconciliations of employee and employer contributions to third-party vendors.
Who you are
- 6+ years of European payroll experience. Mandatory knowledge of payroll and labour law in Austria. Additional in-country payroll experience of Spain, Netherlands, UK & Germany.
- Technical courage - ability to work with a variety of HR-Tools (working knowledge of Workday preferred) and passion for numbers and data, and navigating the complexities of an international scope.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and work well under pressure to meet deadlines within short time constraints whilst maintaining the utmost attention to detail. Organisational, multi-tasking, and prioritising skills are an additional plus.
- A team player (no egos!), quick comprehension, solution-oriented and precise way of working; ability to work reliably both independently as well as with other players across the company.
- Full professional proficiency (both written and verbal) in English and a native level of German is required. Any other language is an advantage.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading Flex-Ben approach and package (see our careers page)
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
- A diverse team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.