Senior Blockchain Engineer
Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
About the team
Pantos is a research and development hub inside Bitpanda focusing on Web3 applications, first and foremost the Pantos multichain protocol and the ecosystem around it. Being able to work mostly independently from Bitpanda, the nimble Pantos team can move fast and bring new and more cutting-edge technologies to life quickly.
The Pantos multichain protocol is a project conceived by Bitpanda and our partner universities TU Vienna & TU Hamburg. Its goal is to develop a decentralized multichain token system that connects multiple blockchain networks. It allows users to create native multichain tokens, transfer them across blockchains and build chain-agnostic applications on top.
The Pantos team is building core infrastructure and dApps as well as developing & fostering growth for the ecosystem.
As a Blockchain Engineer at Bitpanda, you will be part of the Pantos team. Your mission is to build with us an innovative decentralised next-generation cross-blockchain protocol, allowing the scalable and secure exchange of tokens and messages between blockchains. As a Blockchain Engineer for Pantos, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation and maintenance of the Pantos services and infrastructure. This role assumes the task to look beyond and see what’s new in the blockchain ecosystem - what new technologies have been developed and how we can leverage them.
What you’ll do
- Proactively participate in all phases of blockchain development, such as research, evaluation, design and implementation
- Constant evaluation of the Pantos ecosystem to identify and resolve any security, performance or usability issues
- Collaborate with our research team on both theoretical and practical aspects of blockchain technology
- Demonstrate an autonomous and independent work style
Who you are
- Professional experience working with Python and Solidity or other advanced programming languages
- Experience working with open-source projects
- Thorough understanding of blockchain principles and decentralised software architectures
- Advanced knowledge of blockchain concepts like distributed ledgers, consensus algorithms, applied cryptography and smart contracts
- Not afraid to take up work which helps the entire team and product, like cloud engineering, scripting, documentation, and communicating with our community
What’s in it for you
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading Flex-Ben approach and package (see our careers page)
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
- A diverse team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.