Senior Information Security Specialist
Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As an Information Security Specialist, you will have a key role in ensuring security posture at Bitpanda in the InfoSec team. You will be responsible for the planning and implementation of compliance standards, improving IT governance level and participate in IT Risk management. You will also conduct regular cyber risk assessments to ensure an overview of the risk situation is always maintained.
What you’ll do
- Plan and implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Conduct risk assessments, tracking of incidents and vulnerabilities
- Define and implement cyber security policies and procedures
- Provide insights on our security landscape and track the efficiency of our efforts
- Assist the business with security gap analyses and security documentation within projects
Who you are
- University degree with a specialisation in IT, Technology, Security, Business IT or similar
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations like ITIL, GDPR, ISO27001, BSI, NISG
- Holding a certification such as CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, ITIL etc. is an advantage.
- Up to 3 years of experience in security, governance, compliance, risk management or similar
- Strong team player with good organisational skills, independently working and ability for decision making and issue resolution
What’s in it for you
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading Flex-Ben approach and package (see our careers page)
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
- A diverse team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.